Monday 16 April 2007

A Country Visit

This very pretty terrace reminded me of the country house I visited today. There is something about the country that draws me in every time. Even though I love the beach I do love a visit to the country in Winter. I love the beautiful trees, the vast expanses of grass and the soft, clean air. A beautiful country retreat with a stone fireplace, home made soup, beautiful wine and great friends would be my idea of a great weekend!!


Photo Courtesy of Marie Claire Maison

10 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I love that photo Anna! The expanse of windows is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the black accents, and the whole, black, white, mushroom colors. I also really love the gravel. I have that as my patio, and it's very charming. I'd like to sit down in one of those chairs...

Hannah Y. said...

Anna, I love your site! i am living in Slovenia, recently transplanted from Southern California and I just came across this. You have some wonderful images and it seems as if we have a lot in common - including of course, a common love of Kelly Wearstler and her design. I'm at www.saturninleo.blogspot.com. Drop me a note and happy blogging...:)xo, hannah

Jo Walker said...

Lovely space Anna! I'll join you for a glass of wine.

Style Court said...

Lovely serene image Anna :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous shot!!!

Anastasia said...

breataking pic!! I could so happily sit under the trees for hours! very beautiful image!
I can understand your love for Country...every now and then we hit the road and leave Sydney for some small town nearby, have a nice lazy lunch and a poke around the cute country shops....

FlipFlop Mom said...

LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!!!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. Sorry I haven't been answering all of your lovely comments this last week as much. I have just been very time poor!! Sorry, I hope you all understand!
XO
Anna

Gypsy Purple said...

What a lovely spot...I need to go and sit there NOW!!!!!!!