Sunday 10 August 2008

{And Finally} London...












I was only in London for one day and one night but that didn't stop me...even though it was at the end of my long trip I managed to squeeze lots into my short stay. One thing which was on my must do list was the Notting Hill Markets. I think I must have been one of the first people to arrive at the markets on that rainy Saturday morning but wow, I'm so thrilled I was as I picked up some amazing things and it wasn't long until the crowds started to fill the street.

In London I stayed at the new very stylish Haymarket Hotel which was designed by owner and Designer Kit Kemp. I must say this hotel was one of the most wonderful hotels I have ever stayed in. Not only was it absolutely beautiful, the service was like no other and the staff were so lovely and so kind and absolutely nothing was too hard. When I arrived at the hotel I was given an upgrade to a junior suite {at no charge} and when I asked if I could get a late check out at 6.00pm the next day {which I was more than happy to pay for} they granted it at no charge. Wow, what an end to my trip away. I absolutely LOVED this hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting London in the future as I personally wouldn't stay anywhere else!! If you live in London and don't need to stay at the hotel I would recommend visiting the Haymarket for afternoon tea which they serve all around the beautiful foyer...so gorgeous!!


All images - Anna Spiro 2008

14 comments:

Anthea said...

What a treat these photos have been. Thanks Anna. x

blah said...

Anna! Welcome back!!

Lovely to hear about all your adventures!! Hope Harry didn't miss you too much. He must be absolutely delighted to have you home.

I am not at all surprised that you stayed at the Haymarket. I was kind of hoping you would - looking forward to more pictures :-)

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend :-)

hugs

Felicity :-)

la la Lovely said...

Oh I heart London! Are these images from the hotel? IF so, WOW.. I have to go there. It reminds me a lot of your beautiful style! Thanks again for sharing all of your wonderful photos!
Trina xx

Anonymous said...

An absolute feast for the senses! I've so enjoyed reading about your holiday. Thank you for letting me travel vicariously through you. :)

Jen said...

So glad your back. Your trip looks amazing!

Pinto and Max said...

I am going to be in London in a few weeks for a weekend and I am definitely going to squeeze in the Notting Hill markets - I can't wait! Your trip looked amazing!

Camilla said...

WOW! Are all these pictures different 'room sets' in the hotel?
What a great idea!
As a fellow designer, dont you think it would be lovely to do a job like this, as you wouldn't have to compromise on clients tastes at all!

porter hovey said...

Ohhh! Love that yellow chair!

Melanie said...

I love it!!

katiedid said...

Anna! You take my breath away with your beautiful photos of your trip! I don't know which place is most beautiful....but I think St. Jean Cap Ferrat might be someplace I will have to visit! It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I hope it was as wonderful as it looks. :)

Unknown said...

Love that the boho look is coming back! What a fabulous chair in spot #1

Alya said...

i've never heard of it.. thanks for the heads-up! ;)

Sam and Lou said...

I am so pleased you loved the Haymarket. One of my dearest friends is the General Manager there, Lisa Brooklyn. I will send her a link to your superb blog. Thank you for all your generous inspiration.

julietk said...

Wondeful and on my doorstep :)