Thursday 7 December 2006

This Month's Showcase at Black & Spiro

The front entrance to my shop.

I have a lovely pair of old Adirondack chairs in my shop at the moment as pictured above. I was so excited when I found them. They almost didn't make it to the shop. I was seriously considering taking them to my beach house. They are stunning pieces and incredibly the paintwork is original. I'll be very sad to see them go.
The coffee table pictured above is one of my vintage finds which was originally a kitchen table. Mike my handy man cut the legs off for me and 'voila' it turned into a coffee table. Mike routed out the top of the left over legs and I haved placed them on the round side table as ornaments or they can be used as candle holders. Love your work Mike.

Click on the photo above to make it larger and you will notice the wallpaper I have used on the back wall which is a Geometric wallpaper from the new Osborne & Little Vintage wallpaper collection.

I Love this black and white Geometric Caddy. I have 2 currently available at Black & Spiro.

A collection of beautiful things...

An old table at the front of my shop is filled to the brim with beautiful things and faux Christmas presents wrapped in gorgeous wallpapers with grosgrain ribbon bows.

Hi Everyone,

Today I thought I would show you some photo's of my current look at Black & Spiro. I am so into Black, Yellow and White at the moment as you can see.

In the shop this month I have used a mix of fabrics including some of the gorgeous Florence Broadhurst designs and some of Marco Romo's new beautiful cut velvets. Into the mix I have thrown a 19th Century French sofa, sisal matting and an old round table which I found at one of my favourite haunts, Michael Allen Antiques at Woolloongabba in Brisbane. Michael kindly painted it for me in a Porters White and immediately the table had a new life. On top of the table, which I have used as a side table, is a vintage Brass lamp with new custom made shade, some beautiful Antique child shoe lasts, some gorgeous white urns which I recently bought at Abbot Kinney in L.A, an old glass Wine Barrell, Shells which I recently bought in Hawaii and of course a pile of my favourite books including a small vintage book called The Observers book of furniture. I hope you all like it.

7 comments:

Style Court said...

Anna I LOVE the black, yellow and white, and I'm really crazy about those packages with the grosgrain ribbon. What a great look!

Courtney

Anna Spiro said...

Courtney, I'm so excited that you are checking my blog each day. And I just saw that you posted my wallpaper wrapped packages on your Style court blog today. Thank you!!!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna.
I loved seeing your Adirondack chairs. It's a wonder that you don't want to keep them!! Good ones are so difficult to find outside the US.
These are much better than the usual Adirondack's.
*super tall backs.
*three plank backboards with no gaps.
*unusual shape to the top.
*that perfect scroll on the front rail.
*and best of all, the colour and patina.
You will never get them again! but a treasure for someone else.
Keep up the good work,
Michael.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I am so happy to have stumbled into your blog, I am not leaving and loving every minute of it!!

Anna Spiro said...

Thank you Tongue & Cheek. I'm so glad you like my blog!! Please keep in touch!!

Anna

bohemian at heart said...

my desk is identical to that coffee table! although i am too attached to chop the legs shorter, at least for the time being. love the idea :)

bohemian at heart said...

my desk is identical to that coffee table! although i am too attached to chop the legs shorter, at least for the time being. love the idea :)