Friday 22 December 2006

Summer Holiday Display at Black & Spiro





Well what a week it has been. Lots of house installations and lots and lots of work. I think my staff and my contractors are absolutely exhausted and me, well what can I say I am just so very tired and in need of some major r&r. Thank you all of you for all your hard work this year and in particular over the last few, very hectic weeks. You are all very special to me and you all help me make Black & Spiro what it is. Thank you!!
We finally finished up today for the holidays. Black & Spiro will be closed for 3 weeks....hooray!! Before we left I did a new summer display in the shop which I thought you might all like to see. The beautiful stripe fabric above which I have upholstered 2 old prayer chairs in is a Kenzo and the beach umbrella fabric I have hung on display in the front window is a special new release available from Cody & Clark. The shop looks fresh, bright and summery with still a few touches of yellow, the addition of some red and of course my favourite white. I hope you all like it.


7 comments:

Style Court said...

I just LOVE the Kenzo fabric and your whole mix of colors and lines in the top and bottom photos! Beautiful and so very fresh.

Style Court said...

Oh, and I love the painting, lamps and urns :)

Anonymous said...

Same here. Are those ottomans done in Merrimekko? I really like how you use white in combination with striking patterns, something I never would have thought to do. Have a lovely holiday.

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Courtney. I love that Kenzo fabric too, I have just made a couple of cushions in it for home as well. Glad you like the display.

Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Pink. The ottomans are covered in a Mokum Meridian fabric. It's really a great fabric which I have been using a fair bit of this summer.

Anna

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

This whole display looks absolutely gorgeous. You have impeccable taste. I am glad I am not living there or I would be in serious trouble. Love, love the lamps and urns and the white is so restful against the rest.
PS Thank you so much for your supportive comments on my blog. You are so sweet.

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Marryam. I just hope you don't loose your confidence with your amazing project!! Take care over Christmas and I look forward to speaking to you in the New Year. Thanks for all your support with my blog also!!

Anna