Wednesday 7 March 2007

David Bromley

David Bromley paintings above from Tim Olsen Gallery

My David Bromley painting above "Poh" which I purchased from Jan Murphy Gallery in Brisbane

Today my design assistant Avril posted on her blog, Jane d'Avril about Australian artist David Bromley who is without a doubt my most favourite artist in the world. I have 4 of David's paintings myself and I would love more. The reason for all the discussion at Black & Spiro today about David Bromley is because Sally who is my dear friend and also my office manager at Black & Spiro is about to purchase one of David's beautiful paintings. She has been looking at them for over a year now and we think she has found "The one". I think she'll be doing a lot of nice talking to her husband tonight!! Good luck Sal - I really hope you get it. If you want to see more of David's beautiful pieces go and have a look at Avril's site and also some of the gallery sites I have listed above.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He said yes!!!!!

Anna Spiro said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so happy for you!! This is the start of a big obsession Sal!! I can't wait to see your new beautiful piece of art!

Jo Walker said...

I remember seeing David's work hanging in the windows of Ultra Suite in the Valley years ago and loving them them. Wish I'd bought one then. Beautiful work and a very wise investment now. Lucky you. Are they all female nudes or do you have some of his boys? (Not nudes for those who don't know!)

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Jo, I know what you mean. I'm just so happy that I bought them when I did a couple of years ago. I have 2 nudes - this one which is the big one and then a small one and then 1 large boy which is in my son's bedroom and then another small gold leaf with a boy. The one in my son's room will be his gift from us and I will give it to him when he gets married.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I absolutely love the top one! Oh...wish I had spare cash!!!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't one of his paintings look fantastic at the Hotel Haymarket?!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these. Congrats, Sally!

Unknown said...

Is that 'The Poh'? Runner up for MasterChef 2009?

RP said...

Wow Anna, did you know that your painting was going to be of the one and only Poh from Australia's Master Chief!!!!