Tuesday 16 January 2007

Preview of What's to Come at Black & Spiro

I know this picture is very poor quality, crooked and smaller than a pea however, this is the only picture available of the brand new fabric collection by Manuel Canovas which won't be released in Australia until March. This fabric is what I am using as the feature fabric in the new display at Black & Spiro which will be in store by late April. Stay tuned as I will be posting about the development of this display over the next 3 months so that you all have an inside view of how I put together a scheme and how I make my selections and then how I implement those selections into a room or shop display. I will be encouraging your interaction with this display and I will be posting pictures of my inspiration board and all the bits and pieces I consider to be options for the display. I will be asking your feedback all the way through. This will be very exciting and it will give you all a chance to be involved with the development of a scheme and the next big display at Black & Spiro. I pose you all the question - How do you feel about being involved in the development of this scheme?

I can't wait to hear from you.

Anna

8 comments:

Style Court said...

Oh Anna! I love your idea to share your design process, for the shop, and I am in love with this Manuel Canovas pattern! Can't wait to see more.
Courtney

Anonymous said...

I would love to put in my $.02, for whatever it's worth ;). I just wish your store was a weeeeeee bit closer so I could check it out firsthand!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That manual canovas fabric is really swoon worthy. Can't wait to see you put it all together and learn your creative process!

ALL THE BEST said...

How exciting! What a great idea. It will be fun to see how it all comes together. And the fabric is WONDEFUL! I love the colors and the birds.

Anna Spiro said...

Thank you Style court, Kim, Maryam and All the Best for your comments above. When I first saw the fabric I was demented - I had to use it somewhere - so what better place than B&S. I haven't even seen the fabric in the flesh yet - my supplier won't have a piece for me to view until early March. Damn it. All I have is this measly picture. Can't wait to share my design process with you for the new B&S display and to hear your feedback.

Anna

design dna said...

firstly, the fabric is a knockout! i am so interested to see your process. i really look forward to it!

Anonymous said...

I would love a cushion or something in that fabric. It is like an art display. We would all love to be part of the design process, Anna. Maybe we will learn something in the process.

The Peak of Chic said...

That fabric is truly to die for! Can't wait to see how the whole process unfolds.