Tuesday 15 November 2011

Today


After what has been a kind-of yucky start to the week, today I arrived at the front gates of my clients home and I was greeted with the most beautiful sight...masses and masses of agapanthus in flower.  Not only do they line their driveway, they pretty much line their entire property.  The very generous J wouldn't let me leave without a huge armful of flowers.  I was absolutely delighted.  They certainly cheered me up.




I brought them home and arranged them in one of my large glass vases.  They are so pretty.  You might notice the black and white card sitting on the table...



I was thrilled to receive an invitation today to attend the very exciting Chanel party at old Government House in a couple of weeks time.  I can't believe little old Brisbane town now has it's very own Chanel store.  I tried to visit the newly opened store on Saturday just gone but I don't do queues so I'll be sure to enjoy my visit when the queues slow down.


As I go by my maiden name Brad sometimes gets tagged with it too!  It was funny to see the address on the invite with him as Spiro! 

This will be one party we won't be missing.  The WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR conversation has already begun!!

xx
Anna

20 comments:

Life on the River said...

Anna, Isn't it amazing how the simplest things can cheer us up. That is certainly a beautiful driveway. I love the aggies and the gates are gorgeous too! How could you not be happy to drive down that everyday! I can not wait to hear about your VIP night at Chanel, it sounds wonderful. Have a great day x Jode

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

The flowers look so elegant and I'm sure you will too when you go to the Chanel party!

Rebecca said...

How exciting! You will keep that invitation forever and I can't imagine how fun it will be. What to wear?!

Jennifer said...

I love your blog!! Please check mine out at http://myredjherring.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Enjoy it! And the weeks, as they pass, as well!

Victoria

Anonymous said...

oh gosh, what i would do for such card in my letter box. lucky one!

Bohemianwhimsey said...

Lucky you ! of course, you can never go wrong with a layered pearl necklace.... signature coco look !

Sydney Steenland said...

What to wear indeed, I'm sure it will be a party to be remembered!
Sarah

Where My Heart Is said...

Oh how exciting!

lamb and blonde said...

How exciting! Have a fabulous time!

Lady Fur said...

Good luck for your party!
from your follower! ♡
www.welovefur.com

EL at home... said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough week... Nothing like fresh flowers and the promise of a swelegant evening out to lift your spirits..! xx

Fiona said...

Nice! Have fun at the party.

Janelle McCulloch said...

Every female in Australia is envious of you and your Chanel invite right now! Even the design of the invite is gorgeous! (Very much like Karl Lagerfeld's illustrations for Justine Picardie's latest book.) Why don't you just wear a beautifully simple black dress, a chic white camellia (Chanel if you can afford it, real if you can't), one great piece of black or white jewellery and some killer heels? Chanel didn't believe woman needed to spend a fortune to be chic - that's why she introduced monochromatics to fashion.
Have a lovely evening. You'll look sublime, no matter what you decide.
Janelle McCullochLibraryofDesign x

The House That A-M Built said...

Sounds sooo glamorous. A-M xx

Trudys Emporium said...

Lucky thing, bet Brad loves his new name x

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Everyone! I am rather excited about the invite!!xx

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Oh my gosh you lucky thing!
What are you going to wear?

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

How exciting but what a terrible hiccup by Chanel!! I used to work in the oil industry (in the whopping 2 years i was employed between Uni & triple motherhood) & spent my life confirming husbands & wives names, surnames, spelling, it's the kindest thing to have your name spelt correctly. Trust me, my full name is Jennie McClelland, infrequently spelt correctly. Funniest thing was, everyone thought my husband was the oil barron, not me!! He was the trophy husband sitting with the ladies, hilarious & he LOVED it, being a war hero & all. Love Posie

Debra Turner said...

You know, I buy very little Chanel, but LOVE it, the clothes, shoes, and makeup, as much as anybody can love material things! Luckily, I can walk into a shop or visit it in major department stores nearby, without having to drag it home. : ) Enjoy the event. You may be sent home with a small gift! Exciting!