Friday 4 November 2011

Some Favourites



I thought it might be fun to share some of my favourite pieces from our Summer Vignette.  I must say we had so much fun putting together our collection of special things for this season.  There are so many things I absolutely adore.  One of my most favourite things is the beautiful embroidered tablecloths.  When we found them I was so excited about them.  Although we featured the red one for Christmas I really love the blue one.  They are so gorgeous and so beautiful in the flesh.




I also love the calico love heart decorations which Kelly at Black & Spiro hand-made and Harry & I decorated with felt pens.  I really wanted to encourage a hand-made Christmas decoration which you can purchase and then enjoy decorating with personal messages and illustrations with your children.  The other thing I love about them is that you can tie them onto your tree or you can use them to tie around your table napkins.  You could even write each person's name on them as place cards for the Christmas table setting.



Did you see our beautiful blue and white zig zag dinner plates which we have had made in Mexico especially for our online store?  They are another favourite of mine.



I hope I'm not boring you with my favourites.  However, these very special hand-made vases are also another favourite.  Hand-made by members of an art's collective for adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities, the sale of these beautiful blue and white vases supports a community of artists right here in Brisbane which I think is a wonderful thing especially at Christmas.  They make such a great gift and are so reasonably priced for what they are!

What's your favourite thing in our Vignette this season?  I would love to know.

xx
Anna


16 comments:

The enchanted home said...

What a beautiful, cheery uplifting setting! The colors make me feel so happy.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Everything looks great and happy and that's how it should be! I love the vase. It's a classic w/ a twist. Lovely!

Wishing you a blessed weekend.

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

rouge said...

My favourite thing? That blue and white vase. Not because it's made by someone with a disability but because, in and of itself, it's lovely. I've just started to learn to make pots (it's HARD!) and I love that sgraffito technique.
http://pimpmybricks.wordpress.com

pve design said...

I think it is the people in the photos I love most. They look so happy and not posed. They look real.
I love all your favourites!
pve

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

I agree, the tablecloths are super!
i liked the little colorful glass vase, but someone snapped it up before I could get my hands on it, so I had to "just" blog about it :)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thanks for sharing your faves, Anna. Love the tablecloths and the zig zag plates!

Anchor Cottage said...

Love your tablecloth and polka dot cushions. I just ordered blue & white batik print tablecloths & red polka dot fabric for the store at High Point Market last week.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

love that tablecloth, gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Vignette.. I ordered quite a few vintage books.. I have searched high and low and ebay for some vintage penguin classics and when i saw them in your store i was beside myself.. This year is the first i will have a little man mobile enough to reach our Christmas tree so i have opted for felt decorations that if and when they hit the deck they are unbreakable.. The Best kind! Can't wait for it all to arrive.. xx

Sydney Steenland said...

The table cloths are devine....but I can't go past the gold pineapple ice bucket!
Sarah x

Christina Perraki said...

Hello Anna!
Absolutely beautiful summer vignette!
Christina
http://www.fauxbilicious.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I adore the tablecloths. Is the red tablecloth actually red? It looks pink in the photos.

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Christine, Yes it is red, actually a very pretty red!

Kindest,
Anna
x

Milo and Mitzy said...

AMAZING table setting. WANT WANT WANT!!!! Amy x
http://www.miloandmitzy.blogspot.com

Yer Cinnamon Girl said...

Everything is gorgeous I absolutely love that chandelier and OMGoodness THOSE zig zag plates from Mexico!

monmedia said...

I very love your decoration. Nice photo.

Thank you for you share.

http://www.missionfloorlamps.com/