Saturday 5 November 2011

Pip Boydell Debut Exhibition @ B&S


Thursday night just gone we were so thrilled to open the debut exhibition of paintings by Pip Boydell at Black & Spiro.  It was also a night for our clients and friends to view our 2011 Black & Spiro Christmas windows which we unveiled over a few bottles of champagne.




Pip's paintings were a huge hit with 70% of them now sold.  There are 29 pieces in total and I have to say that each and every piece is absolutely divine.



The orchid in the blue and white pot was the first to sell and I think we could have sold it 10 times over.  The pink lilies were snapped up very quickly.  I think they were my favourite painting of the night.



My other favourite piece, the red geranium, hasn't sold and I am so tempted to whisk it away.  I just love it so much!!






The beautiful Agapanthus is also still available.  I love it too...





The pretty teacup was also one of the early ones to be snapped up.



Here's a snapshot of one of our front windows.  Thanks Pip for painting the beautiful and vibrant fabric back drops for us.  Sorry these 2 photos are a bit smudgy!!



Here's our other window...





Our amazing paper/fabric chandelier which our friend, artist Sue-Ching Lascelles collaborated with us on is certainly bringing lots of people into the store.  It's so bright and summery and festive.  She is so clever. 







Oh and here's a shot of our back bedroom.  I am so desperately in-love with the 4 cushions on the bed.  I really, really want to take them to our cottage at the beach for our bed.  So gorgeous!!
Hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures of Pip's exhibition and our Black & Spiro Christmas display!

Thank you so much to our beautiful clients and friends for coming along and supporting us and Pip last Thursday night.  It was so great to see you all.

xx
Anna


All images thanks to Elouise & Harriette B.

35 comments:

Rose Cantiero said...

All very beautiful! I would like to be there.

Bj

Rose

http://amigasqueengordam.blogspot.com/

Shell Sherree said...

You're a beautiful host, Anna, and we had a lovely time, thank you! Pip's work is so pretty and looked very much at home in your vibrant surrounds. Everywhere my eyes fell, there was another treasure to behold.

Beth Skillman said...

The store looks amazing- that paper chandelier is incredible!! You guys give me so much inspiration. I love the bright and colorful interpretation of Christmas as well. Cheers! Beth

Catherine Nolin said...

Beautiful botanicals. Wish your shop was closer. catherine

pve design said...

Pip's works of art are so pretty! I really really hope one day to have a showing in your shop of my work. I can think of so many absolutely beautiful things to paint for you. You are so sweet to share so much and open your shop and your heart to many!
pve

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

How I so wish I could have attended!! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

The paintings are phenomenal, and I must say once again; you sure know how to pick 'em!
Have a great weekend!

Mary said...

Everything is lovely, bright and cheerful! I enjoy your blog.

Mary
From Virginia, USA

Unknown said...

Gorgeous color here. I loved your Christmas tree last year and didn't know if you could follow that but you have! Beautiful shop window my dear!

Mary Jane said...

I'd love to purchase some of her paintings - do you know if she sells through online? I live in California so can't make it into your store.

KELLY MARKET said...

I've been looking forward to the pics from the Pip Boydell exhibit - looks like a fun party and a huge success! I'm obsessing over the paper/fabric chandelier....and the Lilly tablecloth (one of my fave patterns right now) What a statement! Your Christmas decorations look amazing too - so much inspiration packed into one post : ) xxKelly

Peta Rudd said...

Anna!! The store is looking like heaven on earth! One day I will make it up there to experience it for myself. So amazing.....xx

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Mary Jane, Pips' blog is www.pipshining.blogspot.com just in case you want to contact her directly.

Thanks so much!
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Carla! I was also concerned about how we were going to top last year's Christmas!! However, I think I actually like our windows more this year! Isn't it funny!

Thanks for your comment!
x
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Peta! Hope you make it up to B&S someday too!xx
Anna

Patricia said...

What beautiful photos - the store looks amazing and I love Pip's paintings so much.

Gild and Grace said...

The exhibition and store both look amazing Anna!

Abbey x

Ness Lockyer said...

You never fail to impress with your displays Anna and those works by Pip are stunning. I can see why you have sold most of them!
Ness xx

lamb and blonde said...

Pip's artwork is so beautifully rendered, and your store looks so colorful and fun! I love those blue and white heart pillows, too.

Lady Lancaster said...

Does Pip have a website or a way for fans in the US to view her work and purchase?

Unknown said...

I love what she is wearing. Nice artwork, and I love that white drawer unit in the 1st pic.

The House That A-M Built said...

Wow, your windows are just heaven. So, so beautiful. A-M xx

susan said so said...

Always so lovely, happy, fresh! I could live in your shop! (Is there a kitchen? )

xox,
Susan

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Lady Lancaster,

Pip has a blog as I mentioned above which is www.pipshining.blogspot.com

You can contact her through her blog and view her paintings that way.

Hope that helps.
Kindest,
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging commments!!
xx
Anna

Alicia said...

woow! All this beautiful colors!

Kay Everyday said...

Anna,
I am completely obsessed with the blue and white owl vase in the first picture of this post! More info about it please?? Also, any chance you guys ship to the United States??

Thanks!

Kayla

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Kay - you can purchase the owl jugs over at our online store - www.absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com

And yes we do ship to the states!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Woops Kay - sorry the online store web address is www.absolutelybeautifulthings.com.au

Sorry!

Thanks again.
Anna

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Beautiful paintings! And I love the gold bamboo frames.

Jamie Herzlinger

Kate Lewis said...

What a fab evening! Thanks for sharing so many colorful pics. I am soooooooo inspired by the amazing paper chandelier. I think a painting will come about after viewing it! Once again, thanks for sharing your creativity.

cate said...

everything looks SO fabulous, cannot wait to explore your gorgeous store or pips web site...Cate

Hannah said...

This all looks amazing! I love the chandelier, just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Love the colourful paper chandelier! What a light up!

Isabelle Lafleche said...

The chandelier is AMAZING!!! You have such wonderful ideas, Love it!! Isabelle

la la Lovely said...

Everything is stunning. I love pillows on the bed- perfection!