Wednesday 5 October 2011

Today



My morning started in the garden collecting some bougainvillea which I plonked into a vase and packed into the car along with a full load of lovely things.  I headed off on my journey down to Broadbeach on the Gold Coast where I spent the day installing new furniture at an apartment I have had the pleasure of working on over the past few months. 

My grand plans of arranging the big bunch of pretty pink bougainvillea in a vase on my clien'ts new sideboard went down the drain about halfway there when the bunch and the water fell out of the vase as I was going around a corner.  By the time I arrived at the Coast the poor flowers had dropped.  I had to improvise.  I found a native bush in the front garden of the apartment building which I cut a few branches from.  They looked great arranged in the glass vase on the sideboard along with the other new bits and pieces I organised for her.



It was a full day of unpacking new furniture and placing pieces, cushions, lamps and accessories.  The owners of this apartment actually built the building way back in the 60's.  It has a divine view of the beach and the breeze is sensational.




I didn't want to leave.  I could have stayed on for days and days.  Unfortunately B&S and my boys can't survive without me so I reluctantly left my client so that she could enjoy her beautiful new things.  It's so rewarding seeing a project come to fruition and especially when the client is a happy one at the end of the day.  Phew!! 

I wish I took more photos but I only had my phone with me so I quickly snapped these as I was leaving...

xx
Anna

15 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Anna
Looks good. On yesterdays post which I thought about a bit today you are one off my inspirations. I truely enjoy the way you use colour while a lot of the decorating world are in neutral.
Kind Regards
Karen

Rose Cantiero said...

Good to see the beautiful things you do.
It is a delight for the eyes.
good day

Rose

http://amigasqueengordam.blogspot.com/

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

It looks beautiful. I always love the crisp colors you use.

Renohacks said...

I love love love that first pic! Clever you! xx

Britt @ Dreamy Spaces said...

Sounds like a full day! Gorgeous vase of flowers!

Unknown said...

I would be a happy client too! The pillows are adorable and you're right about that view. Breathtaking!

...just another preppy shopaholic said...

I ABSOLUTELY love those blue & white ginger jars!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,

The first image of this post stopped me in my tracks. I love it and your distinctive style.

Kel x

Portuguese Prepster said...

such a beautiful look!

anordinarywoman said...

It's very nice with the wooden sideboard, wooden flooring & the white walls, combined with blue accessories. Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I have been renovating our beach apartment and have spent the last week unpacking furniture and arranging ornaments and cushions. Such heaven! X

The Decorator said...

One of my favourite Gold Coast buildings. I always smile when i see the exterior profile design as I walk on by in the sunshine!!!

Janelle

Emreen said...

Love the sideboard and the art pieces on display... Gorgeous...decor... !!

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Karen,

Glad that I can inspire you. Thank you for your kind words.
x
Anna

Kim (Urban Sprinkle) said...

I love the prints on those pillows! They look nice together.