Thursday 13 October 2011

Pip Boydell Debut Exhibition





We are very excited to be presenting the debut exhibition of paintings by Pip Boydell at Black & Spiro which will open on Thursday 3rd November, 2011. 

Pip has aptly named her collection of paintings Treasure.  Whether sitting on a mantel, resting in a vase, hiding in a jewellery box or fluttering by in the breeze;  there are many things of beauty to be found in our every day lives.  Often small and often simple, they are no less things of delicacy and of grace.  To covet, to love and to inspire - these are your own little bits of treasure from your every day.  The works in Treasure capture these beautiful objects from the every day on paper using watercolour paints, pigment inks and gold leaf.

There will be approximately 30 pieces which will be hung in 3 cluster walls at Black & Spiro from the opening night, 3rd November 2011 through to Christmas.

The paintings are to die for.  There are about 10 pieces I am coveting myself and as this is Pip's first exhibition I must say the prices are extremely reasonable. 

If you would like an invitation to attend the opening night at which time we will also be unveiling our 2011 Black & Spiro Christmas windows along with a few other little surprises, please email me - anna@blackandspiro.com.au . We would absolutely love to see you. 


all artworks in above images by pip boydell

14 comments:

pve design said...

Oh Anna,
I would love an invite, do you think I could magically just appear...all the way from NY?
pve

Phoebe said...

Pip Boydell's work looks gorgeous! I love the images and the concept. I will definitely be at the opening with my bells on. I hope I snap up an original before they all go!! xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely divine work! Just beautiful.

Hannah said...

This looks great, I wish I wasn't in the UK so I could come and see it!

Angela said...

Ohhhh so stunning!

A x

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the debut exhibition!!! The pictures are stunning! They display much beauty and vivid colours! Ooh the ideas of 'sitting on a mantel, resting in a vase...etc' sound very poetic and sound quite interesting! :)

Shell Sherree said...

This is a very tempting glimpse of Pip's work, Anna. And what a perfect setting for her debut exhibition!

Brown Button Trading said...

oh wow - these are gorgeous!!! and believe it or not i'm flying to the fabulous Brisbane that night!!! Unfortunately i'll be in the mid-air during the exhibition, but i was hoping to pop in and say hi on the friday. Something tells me they will all be sold by then..... and one would be a perfect addition to my new little home. Will email you. Hope you are well gorgeous girl xx

ms.composure said...

wow these are great!!!

infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Thank you Anna... I couldn't be more excited! Can't wait for the 3rd! xx

Anna Spiro said...

We definitely need to catch up brown button when you are here!

xx
Anna

PIP - My pleasure. I am delighted that we have the opportunity to exhibit your beautiful, beautiful paintings at Black & Spiro.
xx
Anna

nadizzle said...

These are just divine! Wish I could be there for the exhibit! Maybe some will magically appear for me to purchase in the next online vignette? hehe xxx

Krystal Lee said...

love her work, her pieces are very beautiful.

krystal

EL at home... said...

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this! Absolutely stunning!! Will definitely try and make it..!!