Friday 7 October 2011

An Inspired Day


Earlier this week I posted about my thoughts on inspiration and what inspires me.  I was thrilled to read that a few bloggers were inspired by my thoughts and words. 

I couldn't stop thinking about inspiration this week and not only what inspires me but also about my lack of inspiration at times. 

To say that I have been a little bit uninspired lately would be letting you in on a big secret because in my job I need to be inspired all of the time and I need to be coming up with wonderful, exciting things which are different and unique.  However, it does, at times become very hard to keep on coming up with the goods so-to-speak.  That's when I think I need to step away from my crazy life for a few days and appreciate all the beauty and inspiration around me. 

So this morning I declared this a day of finding some inspiration.  As I was driving to work I saw this beautiful tree cascading pretty pink flowers over the roof of an old run-down shed.  I had never noticed it before and yet I drive passed it every single day.



Then as I was waiting for a truck to arrive with some furniture I was installing into a beautiful old home in New Farm I sat on the front fence and noticed all the Jacaranda trees are starting to flower.

Inspiration really is everywhere.  It's just how you interpret it and apply it to your own life which counts.  As Daryl Wark said earlier this week in response to my post,  find what it is that inspires you and run with it.  Don't follow the pack.  Trends will come and go.  Personal style is eternal. 

And on that note, I will retire for this week.  I am off to find some more inspiration in my garden.
xx
Anna

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so right, I think if you love something......I mean really love it, then go with it because you will still love it no matter what the 'fashion' or 'trend' is. X

pve design said...

Anna,
Enjoy time in your garden.
Inspiration often comes when we are not looking.
I love how you find your inspiration everywhere. :)
pve

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

So true, Anna. Inspiration IS all around us. Beautiful snaps.

spiral style said...

Great words, to look for inspiration all around. It is fall here in Michigan and while some leaves are gorgeous and colorful, other vegetation is dry and brown. Someone told me to look at the dry and brown for the plant architecture as beauty rather than a lack of color. So true. Now I see stately shapes and lovely forms and I'm inspired.

Hannah said...

Love this post- you're right. Enjoy your garden!

Naturally Carol said...

So true..whatever colour combinations or textures we put together it has been done before in nature..and is better than we can do. Inspiration is everywhere if only we would slow down enough to really take notice.

tututotes! said...

Beautiful! I love your way of thinking! Thank you for inspiring me to see beauty that is around us!

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Thanks for your "inspired day" shots today!! I hope your day has been wonderful!! Your pictures this week have been terrific...i loved your blue tones yesterday! Enjoy your weekend xoxo http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

"Inspiration really is everywhere. It's just how you interpret it and apply it to your own life which counts."..couldn't have said it more perfect!

deleted said...

Beautiful! And to think just a month earlier and you wouldn't have noticed it. Have a great weekend!

lamb and blonde said...

Those flowering trees are beautiful! The color of jacarandas is so vibrant. I'm looking forward to returning to Oz soon, and seeing them blossoming. Happy weekend!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

That's just one of the many beautiful things about changing seasons...we notice things in a new way almost everyday. Even here in Southern California as I was walking down to the beach I was amazed at how the look of fall was all around me...not in the way like it is NYC, but still I was so inspired. I've mentioned many, many times how your work and your work with color is an inspiration to me everyday. So thank you again Anna for inspiring me!
xo
annie

Aaliyahrj said...

Very beautiful!!! Kisses from Brasil!

http://aaliyahrj-palavrasaovento.blogspot.com

Krystal James said...

I can imagine the little shed painted white and having an outdoor party infront of the spring blooms..beautiful.

Unknown said...

Stunning!! Perfect for tea parties.

Hollye said...

Personal style is indeed eternal. I couldn't agree more! I get a little nervous when I feel uninspired, but find that the more relaxed I become, the more easily I am inspired. Hope you had fun in your garden!
Hollye Jacobs, www.brooksidebuzz.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna, thank you for this beautiful image of the tree and the little wooden shed. I was wondering what type of tree this is with the picnk flowers - does anyone know the name? I think I'd like to plant one in my front yard and watch it grow. The purple Jacaranda trees all over Brisbane are so gorgeous too. I'm also looking forward to planting sweet-peas (bulbs) on St Patricks Day next year. XV hellomargot.wordpress.com