Tuesday 18 September 2007

Chair Updated


I recently updated this old chair which belongs to a client. It was originally a medium timber colour upholstered in a tan leather. My client wanted to update it so that it worked in her bright, colourful lounge room which I did for her late last year. I decided to have the chair frame painted in a vibrant aqua and I selected a Mokum fabric for the upholstery. The chair has certaily come to life and whilst it has been waiting to be delivered out to my client it has resided in the shop and I can't tell you how many times I could have sold it. I just thought I would show you that even an old outdated piece of furniture can be brought back to life with a little imagination!!

9 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh that Mokum fabric! Delicious!

PS Have you heard from Pink? Concerned.

Style Court said...

fabulous anna :)

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Maryam - Only that she is having a break. I haven't heard from her directly though. If I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know!
X
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Courtney - It was a bit of fun!
X
Anna

Babelfish said...

This is so adorable, I love the fabric you chose for the upholstery and the wonderful colour to match.

Suzy said...

The chair looks fabulous!

Laura said...

I adore the chair--great update. Very fresh and inspiring. Makes me want to head down to my parents basement and see what I can find.

Me and Him said...

Love the colour, love the fabric.

Missing Pink too.

emily said...

love the chair!