Friday 7 December 2007

Plantation Style In Bali












This week I received a lovely email from Michaela with a link to her blog post on a cafe she recently visited in Bali named Cafe Bali. She said in her email "the mix of colours in an old style building reminded me of you" and she was so right - I LOVE her photos of this gorgeous old plantation style house with its mismatched furniture. In her post Michaela says "It all kinda looks like it shouldn’t go together - flowers and frills and a wall of mirrors and white tables with lace table cloths and mismatched white chairs.. but it does, it really works." What a beautiful place this looks to be - inspiration heaven! Thanks Michaela for thinking of me, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading about your visit to Cafe Bali!!

8 comments:

blah said...

Those lights are great aren't they :-) and I love the exposed beams and high high ceilings!

Joslyn said...

oh those lights in the last photo are delightful!!!!

Joslyn said...

those lights...sigh

cassandra said...

love the lights too!! but i really love that coral/pink sectional bench and the little collection of whatever those round pieces are above it... very cute and eclectic!

Cynthia said...

Do you know whereabouts in Bali it is, as I visit there frequently? (And I can assure you, there is more than one Cafe Bali!)

Suzy said...

I can understand why it reminded her of you! It's a lovely cafe, perfect for spending a lazy afternoon over lunch while on holiday!

Michaela said...

Hi Cynthia, its on Jalan Laksmana which is the street that leads to the Oberoi hotel and Hu'u Bar on Seminyak beach. hope you enjoy!

kyla
kyla.wordpress.com

Cynthia said...

Michaela

Thanks so much. I'll be there in March, so I'll look for it!