Friday 21 December 2007

A Beautiful Gesture




Recently I have been enamored by the work of illustrator and decorative designer Patricia van Essche. Introduced to me by fellow blogger and friend Ronda from the fantastic blog All The Best, Patricia has very generously painted a few of my vignettes above and also a beautiful Birthday gift - she painted me at my 30th Birthday back in October this year. Patricia has certainly had a wonderful career thus far working for 15 years in New York as a designer and design director for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein & Liz Claiborne. These days Patricia offers a wide range of design services through her business PVE Design. I am looking forward to asking her to paint a few more things for me in the new year for Black & Spiro. Thank you for these beautiful paintings Patricia - you are certainly one very talented and generous woman and I am one very lucky person to be receiving such a beautiful and thoughtful gift!!

14 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

Talented, beautiful and very kind-hearted. Your vignettes look wonderful!!

blah said...

Dear Anna - I thought I recognised the first painting when I initially logged on to your site tonight!! The last one especially makes me smile :-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous talent!!!

Pink and blue are great together!

Style Court said...

Anna, I'm a little jealous :) What a lovely gift!

Hill Country House Girl said...

What a thoughtful gift! I am honored and I thank you for your visit to my blog - I have so much to learn and am humbled and overwhelmed by the community of knowledge, creativity, and support that I have "stumbled" into - all due to insomnia, design addiction and my new, and somehow "old" friend, Joni, from Cote de Texas! Absolutely Beautiful Things was already on my favorite list, and now I can say how nice to finally "meet" you! Thank you Anna!

Heather said...

That is so neat - what a thoughtful, lovely gift!

Mrs. Blandings said...

These might be some of my favorite pieces of her work (other than the ones she has done for me :) I know you will treasure them.

girl meets glamour said...

Such lovely pieces, and perfect gift too!!

~Kate

Kelli said...

These paintings are beautiful. What a lovely gift and a talented artist.

RP said...

Patricia has wonderful credentials. Lovely work.

cotedetexas said...

Hi - I was lucky enough to get one too for my birthday! Patricia is so talented! I love your new vignettes.

Merry Christmas to you and a healthy and happy new years Anna!

Joni

i suwannee said...

i was also so excited when i discovered patricia -- she did a painting of my house for me, and i was BEYOND thrilled with it. (posted on blog). i wish her MUCH sucess!

Anastasia said...

What wonderful paintings - her work is fantastic!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Talented and gorgeous!