Wednesday 5 December 2007

A Beautiful Old House

Look at this beautiful old timber house. To me this house exudes Summertime romance. I could imagine sitting on those white adirondack chairs sipping cool fresh cocktails listening to Frank Sinatra and chatting away with my family and friends! Only 3 more weeks to go till my family and I are off to the beach for our Summer holiday. I just wish I had a house like this at Straddie! I know a little over-the-top but I can dream can't I??


Image courtesy of abitare blog.

10 comments:

Suzy said...

It's so pretty Anna. Definitely nothing wrong with dreaming!

Sharnel said...

Oh Anna this is gorgeous! I'm hoping our new home will look this good too!
Sharnel

Anna Spiro said...

Yes, isn't it beautiful Suzy!!
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

I thought of you when I posted this picture Sharnel - your home is going to be just as beautiful as this. I'm really looking forward to working with you on your project!!
XO
Anna

RP said...

Gorgeous house... dreams sometimes come true!

blah said...

I'm with you sipping an afternoon cocktail on the verandah Anna!! Lovely!! PS your house in Straddie is lovely - enjoy :-)

Cindy said...

That is a beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

When we take our boat out there is a home we pass in the channel that is so much like this~~I coin it as "My house" and I always pretend that "today we are having a Great Gatsby party" or "today we are having a Seaside Soiree and Captain Hook is coming (which always thrills my daughter). . .we are on the North East Coast of the U.S. where you will find many such beauties!!!

Anastasia said...

this is just stunning! id love a huge back porch like that...

Sue said...

This house reminds me of houses in the beautiful little village in northern Michigan where I spent many a summer. So love the porches and the fact that they are so low to the ground bringing the outdoors right into the house, glorious!