Tuesday 26 May 2009

Painting Treasured Things





My mum's friend who has been painting some paintings for me at Black & Spiro has a very talented son. He is actually studying to be an Architect but thought he would pick up a brush and paint one of my vignettes. I love it so much I can't bear to sell it. Isn't he talented?! He obviously takes after his mother!! The crystal vase is one which my grandmother gave me and the colourful box is one I picked up a few years ago which continues to be one of my most favourite things. If anyone would like a painting done of their treasured things just let me know as Tom or Diana could certainly create something wonderful for you...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! thats impressive. He is talented indeed!!

cotedetexas said...

Wow - I love this! he is really really talented!!! just beautiful.

Jan Maree said...

Wow again! Such a striking painting - the colours and angles have a special something.

Sarah said...

Incredible! I had to look at both pictures twice to make sure I was looking at the right one! He has amazing talent. I wouldn't sell it either, it's gorgeous!

pve design said...

Lovely.

Prima Donna said...

I love it! this paint look like a photo.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful painting! Such talent. I can see why you would not want to sell it!

Tricia - Avolli

Katherine Lee said...

I wouldn't sell it either if I were you! Hang on to that baby and have him make some more for you to sell.
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
www.urbanfleadesign.com

beachvintage.com said...

Talk about running in the blood. How amazing he is.

Unknown said...

I had to look twice -really nice painting!

Sophie Munns said...

Quite lovely indeed! It has a charming composition and freshness. Details like the crystal vase, shall box and enamelled box are gorgeous.
Gorgeous blog too!

Tash said...

Gorgeous, my no you can't sell it - unless you want to sell it to me!!
But if you hadn't put the pieces together so well the painting wouldn't have been so beautiful - divine as always.

Tash

Tash said...

Gorgeous, my no you can't sell it - unless you want to sell it to me!!
But if you hadn't put the pieces together so well the painting wouldn't have been so beautiful - divine as always.

Tash

Lara Harris said...

Very nice! :o)

Decoracion Vintage Industrial Retro Chic said...

eres muy talentosa te felicito¡
saludos¡
karina
pink days studio-shabby chic
buenos aires
argentina

Plush Queen Vanilla said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! I'm absolutely wanting something like that for myself.

How much would Tom or Diana charge for painting a picture I've taken?

I'm in Singapore by the way, which means we'll need to suss out delivery as well...

Cynthea