Saturday 17 November 2007

A Weekend @ Home



I've been having a lovely weekend so far. Last night we had some friends over for dinner. My friend Annie gave me three pots of flowering Hydrangea as a house warming present which I absolutely love. I'm thinking I might plant them in pots to put around the pool. This morning Harry and I have been pottering around the house. We popped out a for a little while to the book shop as I wanted to pick up a copy of Bill Granger's latest book - Holiday. I really enjoy Bill's books. Not only are they fantastic cook books, they are also picture books filled with beautiful things. I enjoy seeing which plates and bowls he uses to display his food on as they are always so stunning and the locations are beautiful too. This lastest book doesn't disappoint. Later this afternoon my friend Jody is going to drop in for a cup of tea and my mum might drop in too. I love weekends like this with no real plans just pottering around enjoying my pretty house!!

7 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I never have enough of those wonderful weekends with no plans, just enjoying my home. There is something so therapeutic about that, slowing down long enough to appreciate what you have!

I am looking forward to some time like that this weekend, at least for a few hours! Not long enough that is for sure!

xo,
Melissa

s. said...

I LOVE puttering weekends! I'm planning on having one, too.

I'd never heard of Bill Granger; thanks for the heads-up!

iHanna said...

Blue pottery is just beautiful, my mom collects pots like those in your picture. I saw some plates on your wall previously, lovely!

Jess said...

Just wanted to comment on how fresh and pretty your work is. I recently stumbled upon your blog and have found much inspiration. It's really a treat to visit.

-Jess

Jennifer said...

I actually made some cookies for my kids this weekend, so I feel I did get some time like this. Very important for weekends to be different than the rest of the week, I think!

ALL THE BEST said...

Love your post Anna! I'm not familiar with Bill Granger, but want to get a copy of the book. I love the cover. Thanks!!

Style Court said...

Also, I forgot to say earlier that I think you are making amazing progress! I love seeing all your things in a new setting. Very fun.