Wednesday 14 November 2007

Correspondence Cards

I love these correspondence cards available online from The Met Store (Metropolitan Museum of Art New York). I tend to be drawn towards butterflies so these little gold embossed cards completely drew me in!!


I also adore the dragonfly cards as above with the gorgeous Tiffany blue box!! This design is taken from a hair ornament (circa 1904) by Louis Comfort Tiffany - one of America's most noted decorative artists which is now in the Met's Museum collection.


I think a box of either would make for a gorgeous Christmas gift for a close friend!!


9 comments:

blah said...

I actually like the boxes even more than the cads! The gold looks great against colour!

TIG said...

Was just at The Met over the weekend--shame I didn't get a chance to browse the gift shop (too crowded!) because I would have loved these correspondence cards! (Maybe I'll have a look online?)

girl meets glamour said...

Just lovely, esp. those butterflies :)

~Kate

Lisa said...

love the cards....love your site....

Amber Cargile said...

Lovely, lovely cards! I so enjoy receiving a handwritten note on lovely paper.

Style Court said...

love the dragonfly :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

How pretty! Makes me want to get off the computer and write a note, by hand, on a pretty card!

xo,

Melissa

Apryll Annie said...

They are lovely! I'm infatuated with that green box.

Babelfish said...

I love the dragonflies, they are so elegant...but I'm also completely in love with the green butterfly box. Great find.