Wednesday 14 November 2007

Vintage Head Vases


Lately I have been obsessing over vintage head vases - I know that obsession may seem a little strange to some but I can't help it - I LOVE them!! I am so cranky because today this head vase was getting towards ending on Ebay and I always wait till the end to bid - I even wrote myself a little note on my hand to remind me to bid for it at 6.40pm tonight (something I haven't done since I was at school) and you wouldn't believe it - I totally forgot to bid!! I realised when we were out to dinner with some friends and I think they thought I was completely mad!!! I am so disappointed - it went for a mere $22.50!! Oh well, I'll just have to wait for another one to catch my attention!!

10 comments:

mamacita said...

Thought you might like this -- Martha Stewart's hairdresser/makeup artist, Eva Scrivo, also collects head vases. She uses them to store makeup brushes.

mamacita said...

Addendum to my previous comment -- click on "Beauty Tips" at the Eva Scrivo website to see the vases.

Sequana said...

What you need is an auction stealer. It bids for you in the last ten seconds.

I don't know if this one will work down under, but this is the one I use. It has saved me many times.

http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm

cotedetexas said...

Anna, remember how Casa Pink used to love these heads? I wonder how she is doing???

Joni

The Full MOXiE said...

I love them too. I have a set of four 1940s girls each representing a different season.
Blonde in blue with a seashell on her sweater.
Redhead in yellow with a fall leaf on her sweater.
Black hair with red sweater and a snowflake on her sweater.
Brown hair with green and a pink rose on her sweater.

They are just awesome.

How would you display yours?

Pigtown*Design said...

these scare me.

Style Court said...

do you have any yet anna?

Cathy said...

I have a beautiful head vase on my website you might like. Check it out sometime. She is a young girl with a bluebird in her hand. So cute.

Cathy,
treasuredheirlooms.net

Unknown said...

I have to second the recommendation for an Ebay auction bidding tool, I love auction sniper. You'll never miss another head!

K said...

Hi,

Check out the photography of Evelyn Lauder: http://www.evelynlauder.com/. The sale of her photographs directly benefit the Breast Cancer Research foundation.

Enjoy!

Kim