Sunday 26 February 2012

Country House Part 2





We still need more books for the bookcase but we are gradually getting there.  You wouldn't believe how many books it takes to fill a bookcase of this size.  Every time I visit the house my client has a few more boxes of books ready for me which I then place into the bookcase for her. 




If you have been following my blog for a while you will remember that I have posted pictures of this lovely house in the country before.  It is one I have been working on for a year or so.  Just before Christmas we installed a beautiful large built-in bookcase which covers the entire wall in the lounge area.  We built it around a pretty window which looks out to the garden.  

Late last week we hung 44 family photographs in a cluster wall in the same room.  We also delivered a pair of traditional white cane verandah armchairs and a pretty garden table which we filled with pots of orchids and succulents and candles.  We placed the table on the verandah at the front door.  Next stage is the dining room and then onto renovating the bathroom and redecorating the main bedroom, guest bedroom and the children's rooms.  I'll be sure to post pictures as we go along.

xx
Anna

13 comments:

Valerie@DesignCaller said...

I am absolutely jealous of the lucky owners of that home. I dream of bookcases covering walls...love the photos all over...
:)
Valerie

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Anna the cluster wall and bookcase look fantastic. I love full floor to ceiling bookcases and the little seat looking out to the garden for reading is perfect. The sofas in the navy look so inviting ..... just heaven. Have a great Sunday afternoon .... it is pouring rain here and rather grey so good to see some beautiful images.
best wishes
Frances

Heidi said...

It looks so lovely, Anna. I love the sofa fabric, and the family photos really personalise the room. Nothing like books and photos to make a place feel like home.

Georgy said...

How gorgeous. I love using bookcases to decorate a room, they can add so much warmth and personaility. This one is a beauty and love the picture wall. What a beautiful, stylish looking house, well done. G

Unknown said...

nice pics....
http://www.monstercourses.com

Unknown said...

Wow! That built in bookcase is amazing and I love how it frames the window and that photo wall is beautiful. You are super talented!
Natasha
http://www.lovedesignbarbados.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very pretty country setting & design dahhling...

pve design said...

I love it and that wall to wall book case is stunning.
How pretty it would look back painted like the Schuyler Samperton one....in a dark color.
What a sweet image...the first one....with the dogs, and the boots about.
pve

Bumble at home said...

we love seeing a pretty comfortable house in the country - we've got ours in the Southern Highlands and just started a new blog about it, heavily influenced by your blog - thanks so much !

Erin said...

those striped couches are just delicious!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Frances. Hope you are well.

Kindest,
Anna

Suzanne said...

Great work Anna,

I love the bookshelves,and the pictures make the room so cosy and personal. The table on the Veranda is welcoming and harmonious.

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

decogirlmontreal.com

Restyle me pretty said...

Beautiful work! I love bookcases around the windows, here in Italy this not very common, even because the style of our apartements does not allow to!!!