Thursday 16 July 2009

It was meant to be...


















Well, it goes like this....

Yesterday I posted an image in my 'Muted Coastal Palette' post which unbeknown to me at the time belongs to Nanette over at Rummage blog. I found the image on a tumblr site and didn't have the correct source on the image back to Nanette. Nanette actually left me a lovely note in my comments section of that post letting me know that it was her hallway. I have since fixed this up and all is fine however, I think in this mishap I have found a blog I am very much going to enjoy following.

After obsessively going back through Nanette's archives last night I must say I am very impressed. Her photos of her home, flowers, fruit, children, vignettes are all so very inspiring and in a way I feel they very much represent true Australian style. I was only thinking about Australian style yesterday and then to fall upon Nanette's blog last night was almost serendipitous.

Her images make me feel at home. I feel like I have seen them before. I look at her flowers and I think they look just like the bush natives my mother used to arrange at our family holiday house. I even look at that last image and it reminds me of my grandmother's house. Is this the same for any of my Australian readers? Do these images of Nanette's evoke a sense of Australian style?

I found it very hard to select only a few of Nanette's beautiful images to share here in this post so I have gone a bit wild and posted my favourites from her blog and her flickr.

I asked Nanette to share a little bit about herself and this is what she had to say....

"I am a crafter and keen amateur stylist and photographer living in our nation's capital with an odd frenchman, two Highly Excitable young daughters and an ADD whippet called Kipper. We like to live a slow life with an emphasis on creativity. I'm currently designing a small range of homewares and children's clothes between reading my youngest 'Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus' twenty times a day and wrestling Kipper for my favourite boots."

I hope you enjoy Nanette's photos as much as I did.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures!!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Her style and overall self is just fabulous! I love how she described her family...and better how she detailed her day! :)

The photos of her home are daydream worthy...gorgeous!

MissBliss said...

I love these happy accidents!

What a fabulous phrasing: "we like to live a slow and creative life"... how wonderful!

The drawing of the woman above is made me smile and enjoy the artist's work ;).

red ticking said...

i love the colors... and the shot of of the pomegranite was so amazing ... i just love them!

Nanette said...

Gosh, Anna. That's such a lovely post and I really can't tell you how thrilled I am that you like the photos and how we live our lives. I've never thought about my style as being 'Australian' but when I come to think about it I guess you are right. I certainly have a soft spot for natives!
Thanks so much.
xx

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely Blog! I recently started one. Come by for a visit if you get a chance!

Take care,
Aimee

Yansy said...

Thanks Anna for this amazing source of inspiration. Annette's home is so beautiful. I wanted to invite you to participate in my giveaway. I have a feeling it will look perfect in one of your famous vignettes.

Nichole Loiacono said...

Effortlessly beautiful. Thanks for finding and sharing!

Jane said...

Yes I agree completely - lovely images and very Australian in a browned, vintagey way. Love those plants (forgotten the name - Banksia?) which Snugglepot and Cuddlepie used as skirts...

vicki archer said...

GReat find Anna - Nanette's blog is fabulous, xv.

acoure said...

The photos are inspiring and creative. They most certainly are reminiscent of Australian life. Thank you for sharing them! I love reading your blog!

Christina Lowry said...

Beautiful post.

I am a follower of Rummage too. I love her taste in decorating and vintage finds. She is an insiration.
:)

Mom-Friday said...

your site is really "absolutely beautiful" - and the colors i love! thanks for sharing Rummage too, and you inspired for my post tomorrow.

Cathie said...

wow!! just found your blog...it's fabulous & so is Rummage.
thanks for sharing your gorgeous images. I LOVE your beautiful finds, makes me want to look at all the beautiful things around me.

passion4pink said...

I agree, those images are ver, very australian to me, it felt just like popping over to nana's house.
Vicki

Isabelle Lafleche said...

Very original ideas and pictures! Thanks for sharing this great find!

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

What a touching post! I must say that I find the Australian blogs to be my favourite! I love your beautiful insight and style and have posted on it more than a few times! Thank you for letting us into your world- it is truly a blessing!

XX
Michelle

Mimi said...

So beautiful! I really love the flowers in the second photo...could you tell me what they are? Are those flowers indigenous to Australia? The color is "absolutely beautiful"..LOL because I was thinking it..

Angela said...

Thanks for letting us now about Nanette's blog - I'm going to go check it out.

Anonymous said...

What an honest and easily understood mistake...we all can make them...and you took the opportunity for to make such a lovely tribute. That is professionalism at its best!

Tricia - Avolli

Polly Jones said...

What great colors in these images! Especially the pink roses with the red printed bottle. I'm glad to get a taste of Australia, a place I would love to visit!

Anonymous said...

I left you an award on my blog, please check it out!

Twilight Spells said...

These images are so beautiful, I love the relaxing and timeless feel! Very australian indeed

Emma said...

Such beautiful, simple things. I LOVE Australian style, am currently drooling over latest edition of Country Style.

Alicia said...

I did & will continue right along side of you!!!

Ana Thomas said...

How beautiful home, how , beautiful pics...."slow and creative life"-SO NICE!
Thanks Anna

Jenn said...

Great photos. Love the pomegranate shots.

Karli @ RockyBella said...

The fabric on the chair (in that last photo) is GORGEOUS! I wish I could get my hands on some!

Alison Duffy said...

Just checking in, great posts!!! You are always such an inspiration.