Sunday 10 August 2008

Venice






This is photo was taken from the table we were sitting at in the restaurant our hotel booked for us which was right in front of the stage at the Venezia Jazz Festival!!


Venice was enchanting just as it was when I visited it nearly 10 years ago. One of my most favourite things to do in Venice is to walk to Piazza San Marco at night after dinner where the old cafes have live musicians singing and playing the most beautiful music....so romantic!! When we were in Venice we were thrilled when our hotel booked us dinner at a restaurant which was right in the heart of the Venezia Jazz Festival....what a fantastic experience that was!! I would return to this amazing city again and again if I had the chance!!

All images - Anna Spiro 2008

8 comments:

Project Ecoart said...

Wow...really beautiful. Great pictures. It makes me feel like I was there!

Sharnel said...

Venice looks like a dreamland. Can't wait to visit.

perfect bound said...

Venice is my first love. (Shhh, don't tell my boyfriend.) We are going there again for our honeymoon and it will be 10 years for me as well since I've been back. Your photos makes my heart sing.

Decorno said...

It's been great living vicariously through your posts and photos. Venice looks amazing.

Pigtown*Design said...

Anna... Welcome back! Wonderful pictures of everywhere. I have a special place in my heart for the Rialto Bridge in Venice, which you've pictured. My father drew a sketch of the bridge and had it made into cards. After his death, I combined it with an old map and had cards made, which I used as thank yous for flowers, etc.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you loved Venice. I am so sorry we couldn't meet up there as we were only days apart.

Unknown said...

Wow! Let me wipe the drool off of my keyboard! Gorgeous and I love all your trip posts. THanks for sharing!

AL said...

Hi there... I love venice too! Is so other-worldly.
Would you mind telling me which hotel you stayed in or any hotel in venice that you think is fantastic? I'm just doing some research of my own and was curious. If you don't mind that is.