Thursday 21 August 2008

Courtney's Absolutely Favourite Things







I'm so thrilled to present our second 'Absolutely Favourite Things' piece from a person I admire very much; Courtney Barnes from Stylecourt.

Courtney's blog is a plethora of inspiration and her knowledge of Design History, Decorative Arts and Art History never ceases to amaze me. I am certainly very inspired by this amazing woman along with many, many other people from around the world and yet despite her popularity and her achievements she remains very humble. Courtney has been mentioned in Elle Decor, Domino, Country Living, Time, The Washington Post, Real Living, 1st Dibs, Apartment Therapy, Design Sponge and many other blogs including mine many times!! I must say she is one of the most gracious women I have come across since I started blogging and I am very grateful to her for always encouraging me and supporting me. Well, without further adieu, let's see and hear about some of Courtney's favourite things...


"This picture is an homage to one of my favorite decorators, Suzanne Rheinstein, and it is filled with a few pieces I love: the vintage highball glasses came from High Street Market and have a chic silver Greek key rim. (They look equally great filled with pink punch for a little girl's birthday lunch, holding adult cocktails, or serving as vases.) When I think of Suzanne, apple-green and English Regency come to mind so here I have crisp hydrangea and an English tray that belonged to my grandparents. Reflected in the tray is the painted sign that used to hang outside my uncle's art gallery. (The mix of black with green reminds me of Suzanne too.) And lastly, some of my favorite fabrics are peeking through, with the linen on the bench being very much like a print Suzanne used years ago for a showhouse."


Thank you so much Courtney for sharing some of your favourite things with us! Your vintage highball glasses are divine but I must say your ottoman is one of my all time favourite pieces!!
'Absolutely Favourite Things' will appear here every Thursday so stay tuned!!

23 comments:

Style Court said...

Anna, I'm blushing!

I didn't know you were going to give me such a generous introduction.

Anyway I was flattered to be asked and it was fun to showcase these glasses since I'm obsessed with them at the moment.

xx
Courtney

Anna Spiro said...

Oh, you deserve it Courtney! Thanks for always inspiring me!!
xx
Anna

Porchlight Interiors said...

This is so beautiful! Love the ottoman and hydrangeas are always a favourite - just gorgeous.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I just stumbled by and I'm so glad I did. What a beautiful blog you have! So much inspiration! I'm off to explore your other posts...

annechovie said...

I knew Courtney's photos would be stunning - she has quite the talent for creating beautiful arrangements and combining just the right pieces. So glad you featured her, Anna! Thank you!

ALL THE BEST said...

Courtney is so lovely! What a great post.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
I love hydrangea's.
and that ottoman is to die for.

Avril said...

Great post Anna! This is beautiful. So fresh! I especially love that black + white cushion in the background
x

Style Court said...

Ronda (All the Best) and Rhonda,

So sweet of you to comment, thanks for the kind words and glad you like the ottoman.

Style Court said...

Porchlight and Anne,

I'm flattered, truly. Thank you!

Ness Lockyer said...

I too love the Hydrangeas. I knew Courtney would do a great piece. She is extremly talented. I agree with you Anna, she is a very humble woman...maybe thats why we all adore her blog. Ness xx

cotedetexas said...

This is so wonderful! Courtney has inspired legions of design blogs (me included) - what a wonderful choice for you to showcase. I've always been such a fan of Courtney's vignettes!

blah said...

Courtney - as soon as I saw your signature fabric - I knew it was you :-).

Beautiful composition and lovely story behind your treasures :-)

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Everyone! And I must add that my mother commented this morning how beautiful your vignette was Courtney! She totally LOVED it!
xx
Anna

Style Court said...

Thanks Felicity! I appreciate that you noticed the details :)

Style Court said...

Anna -- thank your mom for me!

Style Court said...

Ness -- wow! What a nice thing to say. thank you.

Style Court said...

Joni -- I'm not sure about legions but as always I appreciate your positive words!

Everyone, thanks for looking.

Anonymous said...

I love this collection! I will submit soon...Winston's favorite things. Is that too cheesy? I'll put a stylish spin on it...if possible...

Anonymous said...

I love this collection! I will submit soon...Winston's favorite things. Is that too cheesy? I'll put a stylish spin on it...if possible...

katiedid said...

I am enamoured with Courtney's home and this vignette is no exception. I love her ottoman too! And you are so right about Courtney herself. She has been a primary inspiration to me, so I am very happy to see her featured on your beautiful blog! Thanks Anna.:)

Unknown said...

Courtney blog Stylecourt was one of the first I read when I started blogging and I still devour it. As you say she is very gracious and stylish! How nice of you to profile her.

Alkemie said...

I adore the green colour, the design is of course impeccable as expected from Courtney.

Karen :)