Tuesday 1 July 2008

Harry's Room







Over the weekend I spent some time sorting through a few things in Harry's bedroom. Wow, don't they collect a lot of things! I thought I was the hoarder in our family but it seems I may have bred another little one!! Harry seems to love collecting things...just like his mother!! He has snow domes which Brad & I always buy him when we go away to a new place, he has rocket ships, he has cars but I think one of his prized possessions is the photo of he and his father on a dirt bike which was taken down at our friends farm last year. After the clean through the room looked lovely again and I thought I'd take some photos to show you his little abode. I had the wardrobe custom built for him by my very talented cabinet maker when we moved into the house last year and his Antique bed and painting above the armchair were special things I purchased for him when he was a baby. I will pass on these two very special pieces to him when he has his own home one day...hopefully he will cherish them forever.

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh it's gorgeous Anna. Absolutely beautiful!

The perfect haven for Harry to spend countless hours getting into little boy mischief.

Chelsea said...

Lovely room!

Brown Button Trading said...

A Bromley! He is one lucky boy Anna and how thoughtful to buy something like that when he was born to give him when he is older -any chance you would like to adopt me?!

BEST OF THE NEST said...

Think you need to plan a trip to the US for a few weeks Anna ...I am sure we could all keep you very busy decorating all of our homes!

Love the stripe on the chair!

Sharnel said...

Oh Harry's new chair look stunning! I just love the David Bromley painting and bed Anna. Such a handsome room for a little boy.

En mammas drömmar said...

wow, I love your boy's room! I am just now also looking for wardrobes myself, so you picture gave me a lot of ideas!
Thanks for all inspiration!

Regards
Kia

Courtney said...

I just love this room! You can totally picture his little personality living in there. What a great job you've done making it young and full of life, but still stylish and sophisticated...and I'm absolutely in love with that bed!

ArtShades said...

Wow Anna - please show us the inside views of that wonderful cupboard so we can have proof there really is a little boy who resides in that room. I have two boys who hoard everything from sticks, to stones to stickers with their 'special shelves' above their beds jam-packed with their 'treasures'! Sarah

PS I love that bed.

la la Lovely said...

Love!!!! Boys rooms are always harder for me to figure out! I guess cause I'm so girly. But I love what you have done (as always!)

Darleen said...

Beautiful bed! And I love built ins--the wardrobe cabinet must be very handy.

The House That A-M Built said...

What a perfect little boys room! I love the chair... true boy colours and the painting of the little boy......ever so sweet. LOVE little boys... but I think we might be very biased! A-M xx

SimplyGrove said...

I just love this room Anne!!! So lovely! The chair is my fav!

RP said...

Harry's room is gorgeous Anna!
PS. I'm starting an Etsy shop for childrens quilts and bedroom accessories. Hope to get it up and running by xmas.
MrsPotter
xx

TonicHome said...

I'm all about cabinets these days and love that cabinet you had built. Is the top part for hanging clothes or do you have shelves in there? Would love to see an inside photo :)

Mélanie said...

gorgeous room for a little boy !

Style Court said...

It's wonderful Anna. The twin bed, the reds and blues and the idea of giving him things he can keep forever reminds me a little of Betsy Burnham.