Sunday 31 July 2011

Fun In The City

Kate & Emma at Sourced Grocery in Teneriffe

Have you ever played tourist in your own home town?  Let me tell you it's so much fun and it makes you realise how wonderful the place is that you live in. 

I left home early Saturday morning and met up with Kate & Emma who I have got to know through blogging.  Earlier in the year they hosted me in their home town of Adelaide and this weekend was my turn to host them here in Brisbane.  We hit inner-city hot spots like The Pink Flamingo, Crosstown Eatery, Paddington Antique Market, Les Salles, Blake & TaylorWoolloongabba Antique Market, Absolutely Fabulous, New Farm Park and a Brisbane newbie  Sourced Grocery in Teneriffe.


Sourced Grocery

The girls were so impressed with Brisbane which made be feel so proud of our city.  I have never done a 'Best of Brisbane' style post here at ABT but I'm thinking it could be fun to do and great for anyone who might be looking at visiting our fabulous city!!



My weekend finished on a bright note with Harry arriving home from his grandparents house with this branch of gumnut for me.  He spotted it whilst at the park and thought I would love it.  He was spot on.  I love it!!

15 comments:

Trudys Emporium said...

Well done Harry love the gumnut xx

MissBliss said...

What a great time!

I love having friends come to Miami Beach and being a visitor in my own town with them :)

Karena said...

How fun Anna. I know how you feel because I am so proud of Kansas City, which is a huge surprise to most visitors!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Brown Button Trading said...

Oh how I missed you all this weekend! - I'm going to print the first pic off and photoshop me in (and you miss anna - no hiding behind the camera!!) - the girls have already briefly reported what a fabulous time they had. It is so fun to play tourist in your own town. have a beautiful week x

heavenlygurl said...

Hi Anna,
You are so right about the hometown thing. When I hear about people wanting to visit Houston Texas, I laugh out loud. Why on earth would anybody want to come here?! Because it's a fab place to be, that's why! Thanks for the pic of the lovely daffodils... they are adorable. Blessings~

petals and vintage said...

Oh Anna, I agree we do live in such a gorgeous place and it is fun to take the opportunity to play tourist and enjoy them.

My latest post is about somewhere we dicovered for a bit of R and R right next door to Straddie!

Love the gumnuts. Pam x

ZEPETIT said...

You have a lovely blog!

Zepequeña.

De Ruijsbroekjes said...

Foutief in tour oen city, shag à fun you Will have !! Enjoy THE time being à foutief :)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

YES! We played tourist this very weekend in London - taking a boat on the Thames, visiting galleries and hiring bikes to cycle around! So fun!

Lee Sisson said...

Its amazing when you look at your own city through the eyes of a visitor we recently took a friend from the UK to GOMA - left the car at Bulimba and took the city cat, it was so beautiful (even after the floods)and we should be so proud of the Gallery of Modern Art she couldn't believe how engaging with the public it was.

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

I think a tour of Brisbane, from a designers point of view (you) would be fantastic! For all of us who live somewhere else, it would be really fun to see your city; and you are right.... it's cool to see your city through an insiders eyes!!

Kate said...

Anna! You spoilt us rotten! We were so lucky to have a VIP tour of Brisbane, thank you so much for all your efforts. It was very special to finally see your shop in 'real life' and see parts of your hometown that are dear to you.

Glad we were an excuse for you to play tourist in your hometown! We'll have to come visit again soon xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gorgeous shout out Anna! I loved every second of our custom made tour but above all it was just lovely to catch up.
Lets not make it too long before we do it again x

Fiona said...

It's so funny to see the gumnuts there. I used to spend every summer in Australia as a child, and yesterday, as I crossed the street, I saw some twigs and what I think was an acorn. I immediately thought "Gumnuts!" but realized it wasn't. Funny how things you haven't seen in a while spring to your mind.

Anna said...

A tour would be great! Am ashamed to say I had no idea where most of the places you went are (well, the suburb names are a bit of a hint - but I had no idea they existed)...and I lived in Brisbane for 6 years...