Friday 28 May 2010

Out & About: SGAR Opening

Renai Grace & Paul Spiro stand in front of one of the paintings we purchased last night by artist Simone Louise Gillespie




This is the other Simone Louise Gillespie painting we purchased


It was so nice to get out of the tracksuit pants I've been sporting all week and into some proper clothes with make-up on last night to head out to the opening of Spiro Grace Art Rooms in Spring Hill.

Brad, Harry & I decided we needed some adult time out so we decided to leave Max with his gorgeous Nanny Rhonda for a few hours whilst we attended the gallery opening. I had my first glass of French champagne in 9 months upon arriving at the gallery. It went straight to my head of course. We ended up purchasing 2 paintings by emerging artist Simone Louise Gillespie. I was so thrilled we decided on them straight away as every painting I looked at as the night progressed had a sold sticker.

Gallery owners Paul Spiro {yes he is related to me - he is my uncle} and Renai Grace will be showcasing emerging {and therefore quite reasonably priced} artists in their space on a quarterly basis. I for one can't wait for their next exhibition.

For all enquiries or to be added to SGAR's mailing list email Renai renai@sgar.com.au

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning! xx

Michelle @ Divine Finds (Australia) said...

They look fabulous. Michelle

Shell Sherree said...

Beautiful pieces, Anna, and I'm glad you had a lovely time!

Faux Fuchsia said...

Love both those works especially the giant purple cloud swirls whatsies.

Well done re getting out of your tracksuit and Glamming it up. Keep up the good Work.

Nadine said...

Nice pieces but not my favs. She's an amazing artist. Love the colours in the second one. :)

greenbeenfood said...

i love the bottom painting it is gorgeous w lovely colours!

Nicola said...

Love the paintings. And congrats on your beautiful baby boy

Unknown said...

Love that you have designers in the family!

Couture Carrie said...

What a gorgeous piece!
Congrats!

xoxox,
CC

Brooke said...

LOVE the paintings! Sending you a big CONGRATS on the birth of your gorgeous baby boy! He looks so cute all snuggled up in white with his teddies:)

Paddy said...

So impressed with the wonder woman activities and so happy that Max looks so contendedly healthy. Congrats.

The House That A-M Built said...

Wow, out of your tracksuit so soon! I'm impressed. I'm still in mine and my baby is almost 8. Looks like a wonderful evening. A-M xx

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Gorgeous pieces. I wouldn't have dragged my feet over that selection either.

Isabel Alvarez said...

nice paintings!!! i love them!!!

Eighty-Eight Ideas said...

Wow! Great Art!! Thanks for sharing!!
Best, Connie

Unknown said...

Congrats on your lovely new additions! Especially love the second painting.

Stephanie at Keeping Connections said...

Hi there and thank you so much for this blog! Love it and love your flair!

I could not figure out how to follow your Blog..... couldn't ever find the followers tab... maybe you don't have one?

Keep on inspiring!

Hello Lover... said...

I had not seen her work before. It's absolutely beautiful. I just went and checked out her website!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

What a spectacular painting you purchased! The colors are so vibrant and rich!

XX Katie

Anonymous said...

Adding visiting Spiro Grace Art Rooms to my "to do" list....sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Look forward to visiting there soon - always exciting being involved with art!

carla rothberg said...

lovely! i so love the idea of buying the work of an unknown (or less known) artist - it provides so many thrills - first, the fact that you have sort of discovered an unknown treasure, and also that you are supporting a career.

Sally said...

wow - i absolutely love the bottom painting! Id love to see more so i might have to join the mailing list - its so hard to find great art that you love that doesn't cost a bomb! Plus im in Sydney so its good to support new artists (& get in before they are too famous to be able to afford the art!)
sal x
www.oncedailychic.blogspot.com