Thursday 23 April 2009

The Artist




Yesterday I posted images of our new display at Black & Spiro in which we have a painting by a talented new artist we are representing.

Her name is Diana and she is a friend of my mothers. She has been painting on and off for years. She painted the painting below and gave it to us as an engagement present 8 years ago. She has been painting for family and friends mostly however, she recently decided she would paint a few of my vignettes.

A few weeks ago she arrived at Black & Spiro with the painting above of some pink peonies I had arranged in a blue and white ginger jar on the bench in our kitchen at home. I actually posted this image on the blog late last year and she loved it so much that she painted it. I instantly fell in love with the painting. One of our customers also fell in love with it and it sold on the very first day we displayed it.

Her second painting which I posted yesterday also sold on the very first day we displayed it. We are now awaiting delivery of painting number 3 with a couple of our customers wanting to be notified when it arrives.

Diana is so excited, as am I. I have always loved her style and I am just so thrilled that she has finally taken the step to allow me to have her beautiful paintings on display at Black & Spiro.



Diana gave us the painting above for our Engagement present and I have continued to love it over the years. I have it hanging in our kitchen at home above an old chest of drawers which houses my napery collection.

28 comments:

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Gorgeous peonies...and how wonderful for your friend that everyone wants her work. She must be thrilled!

Mariam Badidu said...

she's so talented! love her paintings!

Bayou Contessa said...

Diana must be a delightful person because her paintings are so happy and show a lightness of spirit! It's no surprise that her work is so popular. You are very lucky to have one of these and to be able to show her beautiful work in your shop.

Single Lady said...

I'm not surprised they are selling out quick - they're gorgeous. I love paintings, there's something about owning something that someone has spent so much time over.

Eliene Vila Nova said...

Hi
I think your beautiful work and I always check the news here.
kisses

pve design said...

wonderful to have friends like you and to collaborate on creating such beauty! just gorgeous!
pve

Karena said...

Lovely work Anna! She is a very talented artist.

iLa said...

All very nice indeed!
So simple in a way, bright and cheerful to me.

Sarah Bradley said...

Really lovely work! So fresh!

Laura Trevey said...

Gorgeous paintings!!! Love them ~~

{Amanda} said...

what beautiful work! i love how she captures all the details, even on the ginger jars...

kerry said...

Anna,

The paintings are Lovely!! If you have a moment I would love to see more of the cute pink and white stripe sofa too!

Thanks so much.

Kerry

AshleyL. said...

SUCH beautiful art! I love the colors and themes! :)

Anna Alexopoulos said...

Hi Anna, I sent an email because I am interested in those prints you have. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

Anna,
I love your art! What a beautiful addition to your shop!

All the best!
zunigainteriors.blogspot.com

georgia b. said...

it's a lovely painting (the one above your chest of drawers).

she has such talent, and her paintings have so much charm.

Olha Pryymak said...

hoho, with the beautiful set up like these artist has half the work done for her ;)

Jen @ GreetQ.com said...

Lovely! I love peonies. If only we had room for more paintings on our walls!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Love the ginger jars! I have one of those that we made into a lamp.

beachvintage.com said...

Anna, Diana is so very talented. How wonderful for her.

Carol said...

These paintings are delightful!

RP said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Everyone! So glad you like Diana's paintings!!

xx
Anna

Jen said...

Oh! I love tea sets with a passion! Beautiful :)

My Notting Hill said...

Must be so gratifying to assist her in bringing her art out to be appreciated. Vibrant and beautiful. Loved all these cheery posts this week.

Sanity Fair said...

Just lovely!

Almost Always said...

i have this same ginger jar...or one very similar to it. i have never thought about arranging flowers in it, leaving the lid off...thanks for the idea!

Plush Queen Vanilla said...

Lovely! Did you know the characters on each jar means "Happiness" in Chinese, and so, both placed together, is a typical Chinese blessing for a newly-wed couple. Double Happiness!