Tuesday 11 November 2008

Claire Stening {Artist}


I love the work of Brisbane based artist Claire Stening. A few years ago I saved up and purchased one of her paintings which I have hanging at our Straddie house. Claire emailed me today to let me know about her upcoming exhibition at Rushcutters Bay Gallery in Sydney. Click HERE to see the exhibition.

Her work is so beautiful, precise & so, so realistic. Today when I was looking through her latest pieces I had to take a double check as some pieces looked like they were photographs. This orchid painting above is one of my all time Claire Stening favourites.

7 comments:

Shelby said...

WOW! Amazing. I thought it was a photograph!

Karena said...

They are absolutely photo-realism. My art is so spontaneous that the detailed artist puts me in awe!

Unknown said...

Just caught wind of a Pickfair estate auction taking place Nov. 22-23, 1 pE/12pC. There are some really cool items up for bid like Mary Pickford’s personal autograph book, select pieces of Pickford’s jewelry collection and rare pieces of art from Pickfair.

Just thought I’d pass the info. along for fellow vintage/antique lovers. I guess it will be broadcast live on www.auctionnetwork.com/pickfair, along with a tool that lets internet viewers to bid remotely against the floor.

Camilla said...

I love her kooky fish paintings!

Anja-Elin ♥ Vakre augeblikk said...

I love your pictures :) Have a great day! :) Greetings from Norway :)

Sharnel said...

gorgeous artwork!
xx

Diane said...

What a beautiful painting... I paint and I am so impressed with this ... it is breath taking ...