Monday 26 May 2008

House Tour - Simone & Richard's Beach House


Vintage ladies swimmers framed and hung on a wall in the breakfast room.









An Australian flag flies in the wind on the property next door.


A vintage tea towel framed in a vintage frame which Simone has given a fresh coat of white paint.


What's a beach house without a set of vintage oars??







Vintage vases filled with flowers from the garden adorn table tops throughout the house.



Jody's house warming gift - perfect pink and white cupcakes from The Cupcake Company.




As time passes Simone will collect more bits and pieces to fill this gorgeous little shelf.




Vintage cane dining chairs - another fabulous Ebay find!!


A sailing boat with a navy blue hull sailed past in the afternoon....so pretty!



OMG - It's a head vase!! I LOVE head vases and this one is gorgeous and was filled with fresh flowers picked from the garden.

The 2 wing chairs came from Ebay with a 4 seater sofa. They work so perfectly in the room!!


A beautiful collection of vintage things above.



My favourite thing was the pair of vintage child's swimmers framed and hung on the wall. What a beautiful idea!!



This vintage chair was in Charli's bedroom...so cute!!




I think I might have been bidding against her on this yellow cane chair on Ebay not so long ago...



Inside Simone has opted for mismatched vintage dining chairs around the breakfast room table.



I am so thrilled to be able to share with you these pictures of the most beautiful beach house owned by my friends Simone & Richard and their little daughter Charli. Yesterday we were invited to lunch with 4 of our other friends and their children at their new home which they just moved into only a few months ago.

Simone is one of the most creative people I know. She owns a gorgeous little shop in Bulimba in Brisbane called House & Doll which is filled to the brim with pretty children's toys. A lover of all things vintage Simone has decorated their new home from scratch with the most fabulous pieces of furniture and accessories all of which she has either purchased on Ebay or at the shop at their local tip. Everything in their home is cherished and loved and put together with so much style and creative genius, something that money can't buy.

We were all treated to a special lunch cooked by our friend Jody and as we sat and enjoyed the view of the bay on a perfect day we chatted and watched the children play on the grass in front of us. I cooked my famous lemon and coconut cake for dessert (well only famous within my family and friends) and I topped it with fresh flowers which I picked from Simone's garden. Jody also took some gorgeous cupcakes from The Cupcake Company as a house warming gift which we all enjoyed.

It really was the most perfect Sunday lunch and I was completely in awe of their beautiful home and Simone's amazing creativity. It just goes to show that even working on a tight budget you can create something very, very special. I just can't wait to go back for another visit!!



All Images - Anna Spiro - Richard & Simone's House

33 comments:

MABELLE said...

What a treat! I LOVE this house!! Thanks so much for sharing :) And btw- the framed swim suits are ADORABLE! What a great idea!

Ann Marie said...

Thanks for sharing all of the pretty pictures! I love the fresh flowers on the cake! So, do you not share your yummy cake recipe??

Natalie said...

That is a real HOME :o) So beautiful, cosy and friendly; so diverse in color and shape. Absolutely in love with all the flower patterns on chairs and little flower bouquets in pretty little vases! My best wishes to you and your friends!
Natalie

Mari said...

I really love the idea of the framed swimming clothes, it's great!and so original!Thank you so much for sharing!

drey said...

Anna this is such a unique and gorgeous home! Filled with very individual tastes. The vintage swimmers really make such a personal statement!

Design Scouting said...

I love this too! The framed tea towel and swimsuits are perfect!

toothfairy said...

I am a new visitor and love this post. I can see why you love to visit this friend. I think the framed swimwear is a great idea! The view is fabulous and the overall feel of the house is so comfy. I'll visit again often. Jan@daylilylane

dee said...

What a fantastic idea... framing swimwear! I am so enamored with the 50s- and 60s-style swimsuits I've been seeing lately. This house is gorgeous!!

swanklighting said...

Wow! What a dream. This home was so absolutely lovely. The attention to detail and all the wonderful finds. Too beautiful. I think my favorite part are those great framed vintage swim suits! What a great idea! Thank you so much for posting about this, it's very inspirational.

Linda said...

Incredible...what a beautiful, cozy, amazing, and incredible home your friend has put together. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I think I loved the framed swimsuits best...so perfect for a beach house!

Alya said...

I love the framed swimsuits idea! lately I've been framing so many things, I don't know if I'll be able to fit them in the house!

SimplyGrove said...

So many great things to look at! My 2 fav's are the yellow chair and the child's swimsuit! So cute!!!

JuliaFuentes said...

amazing houseee<3

AnneP said...

Hi there - I love this beautiful home. Just wondering if you might be able to find out the name of the fabric used on the wing chairs. I LOVE it!!! Thanks.

ACS said...

Thank you to your friends for sharing their wondeful abode with us...and to you for packing the camera! How organised!
Such a stylish and feminine home...just perfection. I adore the mismatched vintage chairs used around the kitchen table and the fabric used on her armchair.

Your devoted fan,

ACS x

Villa Anna said...

Anna, like you, I'm completely in awe. What an absolutely darling beach house. Also like everyone else, those framed swimsuit's are so inspirational. I truly love unusual forms of art and conversation pieces.

Thank you so much for sharing your friends home with us, it was a real treat.

Anna :)

Anna Spiro said...

I'm so thrilled you all enjoyed this post. The house is so gorgeous in real life!! Annban10, look out for the recipe for my cake here at ABT sometime in the future!! Thanks again for your lovely comments!!
XX
Anna

Oh and a note for AnneP - the fabric was already on the chairs when Simone purchased them on Ebay so unfortunately I am unable give you the name of the fabric. Sanderson fabrics may have something similar!
XX
Anna

mommyholly said...

First of all, this house is amazing!! It seems so personal and cozy, which I love. The swimsuits are fabulous, what a great idea!!! And PS. Those cupcakes are divine- I am in love with those haha!!!

cassandra said...

ON MY GOODNESS! such a beautiful collection of pieces. thanks so much for sharing!

Yoli said...

What a thrill, love this post. Wanted to go and sit on that lovely chair. Can I have a piece of cake?

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Just gorgeous! What an ingenious woman is Simone! I really enjoyed seeing the budget ideas as I have to also decorate on a budget and I love flea market style! The vintage swimsuits was a wonderful idea as was the framing the vintage tea-towels. Loved that one as I collect vintage tea-towels!
I visit your Blog a lot for inspiration and for my hit of beauty in the day. x

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

What a beautiful way to spend a Sunday and imagine waking up with that view. Simply stunning. So many things to love about this home - warmth yet light and fresh and oh those bathing suits!

Jen Montgomery said...

Love that cupcake packaging.

Jane of JaneZworld said...

ooooooooo love the house! Love the chairs, and all the details. Not a house really but rather a home...
and love the shop too.
Does Simone have a blog I'm wondering?
LOVE that you took the time to share this with us and that Simone and her family were ok with it...
Jane from
www.thecolourjane.blogspot.com

stefyfor said...

Hi, i was visiting you blog and i was impressed by all the photos. Such a beautiful places. And what tell about the cupcakes ???
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Greetings from Italy.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have just found your blog, What a great house, I love the framed swimsuits and those cupcakes, mmm yummy!

Pearl Maple said...

Simone has a fabulous style and pulls things together so beautifully, will have to check out the shop one day soon to see what other treasures she has to show.

jamaica byles said...

Love framed vintage swimsuits, but have a very hard time finding them.I would love to give one to a friend of mine who is an australian swimsuit designer (Bondi Bathers), once I procured one for myself, of course.Beautiful home....thanks for showing.

Jami - XOimagine said...

I particularly love the vintage swimwear that she framed - both the ladies and the children's. And the vintage tea towel! She has such a great eye! The home looks comfortable, cozy and chic! Nice piece!

Dexter Nicholson said...

The picture of the kid in black and white with the duck and a frog (is it a frog?) is awesome. I love the ship sailing by. Hope I can see this place in real life.

paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vintage Home said...

...sounds so relaxing!..& peaceful!

DYAMOND WOMAN said...

I love this house thanks for sharing