Thursday 9 August 2007

Dara Caponigra's Beautiful Home





I have had this beautiful house in my "I Love" file for quite some time now however, I didn't know it belonged to Style Director of Domino Magazine, Dara Caponigra. Photographed by Paul Costello, this house is one of my favourite houses of all time. I particularly love the attic bedroom and of course the all white shell is what completely draws me in. I also adore the long cane ottoman in the lounge room and the white painted stone/brick fireplace - certainly a place I could call home!!


Images courtesy of Domino Magazine.

12 comments:

Avril said...

Anna, I love this! Especially the bedroom - love the black and white stripe sheet above the bed.

annechovie said...

I love Dara's style! I am admiring that chair she's sitting in also.

Suzy said...

It's beautiful Anna, thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

My dream house! Especially the second bedroom with its unusual windows. Modern houses today disappoint me with all their right angles and homogenous perfection...give me character, wood and wonky corners any day!

RowHouse said...

I've been following alot of Dara's selections through Domino, and I love all of it. Thank you for posting this.

girl meets glamour said...

I have this in my inspiration pile. I want a rustic fireplace just like that one...but my other half wasn't to keen on it :(

franki durbin said...

I've definitely got a soft spot for white rooms, white drapes, white furnishings. You can see how she earned the title of style director. ;)

katiedid said...

I really love this house too! So easy to live in with alot of personal touches.

Joanna Goddard said...

i know! i love this house, too. it's so beautiful-the bed feels so airy and amazing with the--is it a sail?--over it....she is awesome. i didn't know it was her house either!

i suwannee said...

why did i think this was john frieda's lake house? didn't it say that in the domino issue? am i competely making this up??

Anonymous said...

Oh just lovely. I could so live there too.

Unknown said...

I have long admired the white bedroom with the black & white sail above the bed but never knew the source of it...thanks!