Tuesday 10 July 2007

Rachel Arthur Drawings



Today I purchased these 2 ink & pen Rachel Arthur drawings (Butterly & Dragonfly) for our pink and blue display at Black & Spiro. I wanted a couple of paintings which were very simple and when I spotted these I knew they would be perfect. I actually think they will be like little flying insects amongst all of the pretty flowers which appear in the wallpaper and matching silk fabric which I have used in the curtains. Avril, my assistant will be picking them up from the artist in the morning - I can't wait to see them hung in our pink and blue room.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely fresh look Rachel Arthur has. I think here work is a perfect compliment to the fabric.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see them up either, b/c I love your style so much. althought I think you could have done these yourself.

katiedid said...

Very charming!

Gypsy Purple said...

Anna, I love the fabric....can`t wait to see how you are going to put everything together
How did the photoshoot go????

girl meets glamour said...

These will look great with your display. Does Rachel have a website to purchase her artwork?

tiffany said...

You are an amazing talent. Who makes this fabric and wallpaper? I'm starting on my little girl's "big girl room" and I think it would be lovely- especially after seeing it with the prints you've chosen! I've gotten so much information from your blog and a few others I've recently discovered. It's addictive- reading all these blogs!

Anonymous said...

Good idea, butterflies and insects among the beautiful flowers.

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Wes but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with an artistic hand only a good eye!!
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Tiffany thank you for your very kind comments!! The fabric is a Designers Guild from their latest collection.
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks all!!
XO
Anna

72 and sunny said...

how cute these are.
it's funny when i read your posts, in my head i read them with an aussie accent. : )