Friday, 16 February 2007

Family Time


It's Friday night and we are at home having a quiet night together as a family which I love so much - just the three of us. We had roast chicken for dinner (thanks to Rhonda), a few glasses of wine, candles lit and lots of family chatting. The weather has cooled down a bit and there is a slight breeze blowing through the house. The c.d. player is blaring out all my favourite c.d.'s - a bit of Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Madeleine Peyroux, Katie Melua, Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble. Isn't it wonderful to end a busy week this way and tomorrow I can sleep in and get up when I want and the best thing of all is that I can spend the whole day with my 4 year old son. Times like these are so very special to me as a working mother. I bundle them up and keep them inside and when I'm having a really bad day at work I stop and remember these special times and I think that's what's important in life - family time!
Photo above courtesy of inside.

10 comments:

ParisBreakfasts said...

LOVE the pale, pale pink..

The Peak of Chic said...

Anna- What a wonderful post! Enjoy your time together this weekend!

mohairpink said...

Isn't that the very BEST? Just recharging from the people who love you, warts and all. Nothing like it. I hope you have a relaxing, quality weekend.

TinkerBlue said...

Have a great weekend!

Dan B (no, not Bennett, think harder) said...

Speaking of Frank Sinatra, please check out the popular new Yahoo group THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE. This weekend we are having a contest where you can win unreleased CD's by Judy, Sinatra, Streisand, Liza, Chita, Johnnie Ray, and Frances Faye.
THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE has exceptional members, amazing audio files, great pictures, and lively discussions.
The only thing missing is you!
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

midcenturyjo said...

You're comments couldn't have come at a better time Anna. It's been a frantic week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Gypsy Purple said...

Ditto.....same here...even the choice of music...must be magic, so I know it will be a great weekend to both of us

Avril said...

Anna what a beautiful blog entry. Very lovely of you to share.

Di Overton said...

Make the most of your children when they are young it is such a tiny part of their lives and yours.

tongue in cheek said...

The soft light of this photo by INSIDE is beautiful. it would set the mood for a perfect evening.