Thursday 12 April 2012

This & That


If you've been following me on Instagram then you will have seen these pictures before but if not, I thought I'd post them here on the blog.  Over the past few weeks we've been redecorating Black & Spiro.  If you've dropped into the store you may have noticed our new additions. 



Today our fabulous old Library table arrived.  We' are just waiting on the new handles to be delivered for the drawers....nothing happens on cue or as planned does it!!  They have been held up...what's new!!  In the background you might just be able to see a little snippet of the new cabinetry we've had installed which is now filled to the brim with lots of new bits and pieces and also some very special vintage one-off items as well.



These new hobnail candles in navy, pink, sea foam and cream are definitely a new favourite and let me tell you, they smell amazing!!!!!



And this rug which I am standing on with my leopards is to-die-for. 

Next week we will be shooting the photos for the sample book and advertising of my new wallpaper collection for Porters at the store.  And next Friday we will be re-opening our back rooms which we have completely redecorated with my new wallpaper collection.  If you would like to be one of the first to see the wallpaper insitu then make sure you drop in next Friday.  Our official launch party won't be until early May so you will get to see the papers before they are properly launched!!  You are in for a treat...I promise. 

Also, I have a little announcement to make about the online store.  After much deliberation, I have decided to put the online store on hold for the time being.  I am working on a number of large decorating projects and with running our bricks and mortar store, looking after my clients, launching my wallpaper range for Porters, working on another very exciting thing which I am unfortunately unable to announce at this stage and being a mother and wife, I just can't do it all and as a result something has to go.  Please don't be upset or cranky.  I will bring it back in some way, shape or form but for the moment it is just too much.  I am not wonder woman and I just need to remove something otherwise I will end up a complete mental case!!xx

I will make sure that I continue to post lots of fabulous images of new things at Black & Spiro here on the blog and please if you see anything at all which you would like pricing on then just call us or email us - info@blackandspiro.com.au.  

If you are in Brisbane though, do drop into the store as we have a bit of a new look and lots of fabulous new things to inspire and excite.

xx
Anna

15 comments:

WorthyStyle said...

The hobnail candles have a great texture!

Love the library table.

Delightful Domestic Science said...

It's so wise to not run more than you have strength Anna.

xx
H

Lynne said...

Anna, actually I do believe that you are wonder-woman with all that you do now! You shouldn't feel bad about the online store one little bit. By the way, I live in Tampa, Florida and I absolutely love reading your blog. I can't even remember how I found it but it is always a delight. Thanks for blogging!

Brenda said...

Fantastic that you can recognise that you need to pace yourself as many can't. Maybe you need someone like me to just run the online for you? Loving the new bits and bobs especially that scrumptious coloured rug that you are standing on - too funny as I'm wearing the same shoes today!...B:)

Faux Fuchsia said...

Dear Anna

Luff the leopard shoes and can't wait to see the papers in Real Life.

Must catch up soon xxx

Roxanne said...

The list of things you are currently doing makes me want to lie down and take a nap. I loved looking at your online store images, but I am more devoted to your blog--so I was VERY relieved that you weren't shutting IT down. :) Take care of you.

Andie said...

Anna you say you aren't wonder woman ...but in actual fact you are! I look so much forwards to your posts of the store as I can't get there being in NZ

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Oh those little hob nail candles with a bit of neon twine and one of your tags would certainly make me happy...and they would make the most lovely hostess gifts!

clunygrey said...

I love that library table. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the hardware on!
Cluny

Kate Lewis said...

As always, I love your colors, patterns and unexpected bits and pieces! While I'm disappointed that the online store is on hold, I congratulate you for striving for balance!!! Most importantly, where did you get your leopards???

Blair Friedeman said...

It looks lovely! That rug is to die for!

The Avarice said...

I really LOVE that painting above the polka dot sofa! - And the leopard flats of course!! And really everything else in Black & Spiro!!!!! Sigh. I need to visit Australia.

arrielle_p said...

I absolutely loving the place. Very colorful living room you have. That looks really lovely. Well done, you did a wonderful job! :)

real estate ph

Scandi Coast Home said...

Hi Anna,
Where can I buy your hobnail candles in the Seafoam & Navy please? I REALLY love them and will definitely buy them......
Thanks so much and have a great day!
Tania @ Scandi.Coast.Home

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Tania,

You can call us on 07 3254 3000 or email us - info@blackandspiro.com.au and we can send you the candles via post.

x