Thursday 19 January 2012

Books & An Upcoming Online Pink Tag Sale


When I spotted this fabulous image over at My Notting Hill blog the other day it really struck a chord with me.  Sometimes when I am searching for something in an old book or magazine from my library at home, our bedroom can turn into something which pretty much looks like the room above.  I have books all over my bed, floor and bedside table and let me tell you it's not much fun when it's time to put them all away again!!



In other news I have decided to clear the decks at Black & Spiro so I'm having an exciting online Pink Tag Sale here on the blog early next week which should be lots of fun.  I am such a hoarder so it's time to move some things on and make some space for the new things I will be purchasing on an upcoming overseas buying trip.

So make sure you click back early next week as there will be some wonderful bargains to be had.  If you have ever been to one of our annual Black & Spiro sales at the store you will know that I'm pretty ruthless when it comes to my markdowns!!

xx
Anna

image 1 - via my notting hill blog - room by mimi weddell from casa vogue 2005 - photo by tim walker

13 comments:

pve design said...

I had to laugh at "ruthless" - I think I need to do a tag sale too or as my Mum likes to call them "white elephant" sales.
pve

Unknown said...

I love that room! Ha, reminds me of me! I've decided I want an entire wall of our nursery to be shelves filled with books to get our baby started out right being a book lover. :)

Nuria said...

I have the same problem, too many books, magazines and documents at home.

My Notting Hill said...

I'm looking forward to checking out your Pink Tag Sale - I know they'll be some amazing things there!

I love that image. Although sometimes too much of my house looks like that.

Little House of Limes said...

i'm hearing you on the book/magazine floor covered front! good luck with the sale xx

Anna Spiro said...

Sounds like it will be amazing Brooke! Nothing like starting them young with books! And I love the sound of an entire wall filled with books and special things!

xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

I think my tag sale will be like a good spring clean Patricia! I just need to remove some things from my life and make way for some new things!!

Hope you are well.
xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Loved your post with that picture MNH!!
xx

terri said...

Love this pic! So cozy I just want to jump to the middle of that sofa and get lost in the books for days....unfortunately it would only be 20 seconds until my son interrupted my book-bliss ;). Can't wait to see your sale items!
www.decordose.com

Shell said...

Dearest Anna

I am so excited to be sharing a comment on your page. I have been a fan of your blog for 3 years now and you have inpspired me to indulge in creating my own blog. I would be honoured if you were to visit my blog sometime. I know you are incredibly busy especially with your sale which I will be definitely checking out. You can find my blog by googling adarlingsnest without any spaces or you can try the link which I am not sure is working??? (find the technical part a bit of a challenge):
http://www.adarlingsnest.com/
I hope you enjoy and I look forward to continuing to follow your blog for what sounds like a very busy and exciting year ahead for you. God bless you and your beautiful boys.
Au revoir Shell xx

Brenda said...

Oh Goodie - clap, clap!

Calico Child said...

oh I can relate to that I have magazines ozzing out all over the play & Mr H reads all the time so book every were I need to get some built in book cases made pretty quickly!!
Looking forward to the sale sounds exciting :)

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Shell,

Thanks for your comment and for follow my blog for the passed 3 years! Wow - that is such a long time! I will be sure to take a look at your new blog and make sure you stay in touch!

Kindest,
Anna
xx