Thursday 26 January 2012

Admiring





Late last year I posted the entry foyer of this lovely house which was featured in the Dec/Jan 2012 issue of House Beautiful magazine.  It was such a wonderful surprise when I visited Heather at Habitually Chic this morning to discover that she recently visited this divine home which belongs to L.A. Designer Mark Sikes

Heather has prepared 2 fabulous posts which are chocker-block full of AMAZING images of Mark's Hollywood Hills home.  I think these 2 pictures above of his little sitting nook are my absolute favourite. 

I must say that this home is an example of white walls done extremely well.  It's so important to layer lots of fabulous bits and pieces, books, artwork, rugs, collections, fabrics and furniture on top of a blank canvas of white walls and floors.  And in my opinion, Mark has achieved the perfect balance here in his beautiful home.

Make sure you head over to Habitually Chic for the full scoop!

Happy Australia Day my Australian friends.  Hope you have a fabulous day!
xx
Anna

11 comments:

pve design said...

Yes, I spotted Heather's post and thought if I were there I might never want to leave that splendid spot - Mark Sikes has such an eye for comfort and elegance.
pve

Angela said...

Anna, I have to admit, that since Heather posted this wonderful home, I cannot stop hopping over there to take another look, always finding something new. What a fantastic, inspiring designer Mark is, someone who, I think, we can all look to for inspiration.

miss b said...

Happy Australian Day from the UK!
I love the colour combinations in this room. I've just popped over to Habitually Chic - great house - stylish and interesting touches!

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

Rikke said...

Just beautiful:)

Debra Turner said...

I adore this comfortable and cheerful style. So lovely!

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Book, layers, pops of color = perfection!

Anna Spiro said...

Me too Angela! I can't stop admiring Mark's incredibly stylish home! It's very beautiful.
xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Vava - I totally agree! Couldn't have said it better myself.
xx
ANna

Invest Antiques said...

A great looking home can definitely add value to anyone’s life style. This post has nice information that is helpful for decorating home effectively. Thanks!
interior decorators

Unknown said...

I love built-in bookcases so much! Wish they were in our home. Great room.

Hilla Hryniszyn said...

love the use of stripes in interiors
i def could live there:)
come along... and take a look at my art:)
inveiglefair.blogspot.com