Thursday 1 December 2011

Wedding Preparations


As I write this post I am preparing 8 large rectangular tubs with chicken wire inset into each tub ready for all the flowers I will be cutting from our garden very early tomorrow morning.  After the big harvest I will be loading the tubs into my car for the journey down to Northern NSW tomorrow ready for my cousin's big Wedding this coming Saturday.  We will be filling approximately 60 mismatched vintage vases with Dahlias, Zinnias, Daisies, Calendulas and Foxgloves all of which I have grown here at home in our garden.  You should see the Foxgloves.  They are amazing.  I will try to take some photos of them before they are all cut tomorrow. 

Here's a snapshot of some of the gifts wrapped at Black & Spiro today which have been purchased for Ben & Phoebe.  They were so kind to mention that B&S is their favourite store on their wedding invite and I must say they have some divine gifts coming their way!!

I won't be back here now until early-mid next week.  Hope you all have a great weekend!!
xx
Anna

18 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love the wrapping...and I can't wait to see the pictures of the flowers....early winter here!

Kate said...

Gorgeous, Anna! I will definitely consider B&S when my big day arrives (hmm, and just when will that be?!). You'll need to open a pop up shop in Adelaide for the occasion! Can't wait to see wedding pics - the flowers sound divine. Love a hands on, family involved wedding. Enjoy x

Modern Country Lady said...

Can't wait to ssee the pictures of the flowers.. it is bound to be fabulous.Hope the wedding goes well !!
XOXO
Bea

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

Such lush color! Hope you share pics of the flowers, they sound lovely.

pve design said...

I wish I was getting married again to the same man and I would love to have my bridal registry with your shop too. Love the wrapping - looks so full of love!
Enjoy the celebration!
pve

eva said...

Oh, wow, those are some of my favorite flowers. Can't wait to see photos. Have a great weekend!

miss b said...

These look gorgeous - vibrant colours! Such a modern change from the usual wedding gift wrap! I love to receive beautifully wrapped gifts.It just adds to the excitement.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

EL at home... said...

Goodness you're a busy girl!! Have a wonderful weekend across the border and I hope you do snatch a moment to photograph the flowers... Lovely wrapping too! xx

Honey for Jam said...

The presents look amazing and can't wait to see the photo's of the flowers. Please send our congratulations to Ben & Phoebe & wish them both a lifetime of happiness together .....Ella & Aaron

Style Pony said...

You must share pictures of the flowers all arranged and in vases!

Shell Sherree said...

How exciting to be able to pretty up the tables with flowers you've grown yourself ~ what a beautiful thing! Have a wonderful time, Anna, and all the best to Ben and Phoebe for their most romantic day.

faith said...

Congrats on the wedding

It's a fab blog :)

Unknown said...

Lots of pretty colors!! I am having a giveaway on my blog and owuld love to see you enter!
Daisy~

Pearl said...

Ooo Love your heading so cheerful & bright! And thos wrapped gifts are beautiful! They would actually look perfect under my tree this year!


pearl

Sofás de Piel - decorpiel.com said...

I love your ideas for Christmas decorating ideas was searching the net and I came across your wonderful blog, congratulations and Merry Christmas from Spain.

Jen Beaudet said...

It sounds like it will be amazing! Can't wait to see the photos! Jennifer:)

Dovecote Decor said...

I want to see photos of the flowers. Post so we can see. How do you have foxgloves at this time of year? Drop by and see our faux tortoise shell chest giveaway at art by Karena. Spread the word!
Best,
Liz

Calico Child said...

oh I love the fabric idea to wrap with I have heaps of cuts off's I know what else I can use them for now :)