Monday 5 December 2011

Ben & Phoebe's Beautiful Wedding


It was a wedding like no other.  It was the most beautiful party for the 2 most beautiful people you could ever wish to meet. 



They have been through more than you could ever imagine and this weekend was in their own words - 'the greatest of their lives'.



Everyone embraced colour for what was a divine garden party at Amileka - a seriously gorgeous private home at Federal in Northern NSW.   Even Brad got into the swing of things with his navy and white polka dot bow tie.



That's my mother in that gorgeous patterned dress and Jen's hot pink Josh Goot dress was STUNNING!!



The flowers were a hit.  This Dahlia measured about 12cm across!!



Phoebe wore Vera Wang...of course!!



We used lots of vintage blue and white vases mixed with old glass bottles, jugs and tea pots which came from family members for the table flower arrangements.  No new vases were purchased. Every single flower came from our garden.  It was my gift to my cousin and Phoebe.



Phoebe's divine mum, Meg made little bottles of chutney for each guest.  The recipe was her father's.  There were so many references to the importance of family at this wedding which made the day so deeply meaningful and beautiful.



The morning after the wedding Ben's mum and dad, my Aunty Jane and Uncle Rob, prepared a huge breakfast at Ben & Phoebe's beach house for all of the wedding guests.  It was so beautiful.  The tables were set with pretty tablecloths from B&S and fresh frangipani and hibiscus.  I have no idea how they did it after what was a huge night of partying.





There was no wiping that beautiful smile from Phoebe's face all weekend.  She is the happiest girl on this planet.



And as for my Brad, he finished up like this...absolutely tanked!!

Here's to you Ben & Phoebe and the wonderful life you have in front of you!!  We love you both SO much...
xx
Anna

25 comments:

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

blimey your blog gets better every year Anna! And that wedding, wow, is all I can say! Oh and I do love that lady's glasses - how hip are they!!! anyway I noticed you on the Adore Magazine so I mentioned that in my xmas post on my blog tonight! Wish I went to paris with you mate, next time??? haha

Annie

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The colours are so lush, but I think the vibrancy of the bride steals this show.

Concrete Jungle said...

Joyous day and colours.....here's to a joyous life together!

a beautiful space said...

How simply divine Anna. What a wonderful gift you have given this gorgeous couple. Your creative stamp has quite obviously set the tone for this wedding. It is lovely to see a wedding done so simply and stylishly and certainly "out of the box". Congratulations and thank you for sharing. I am also planning a wedding for a family member and you have given me much inspiration and the encouragement to be brave!

Gild and Grace said...

Wow Anna, everything looks amazing! And that wedding dress is divine! What a bright and fun day :)

Abbey x

Ben Young said...

Thank you for such a beautiful post Anna and for everything you have done for us. You are such a close friend and family member to the two of us and we are constantly inspired by what you do. The flowers were absolutely stunning and we feel so privileged to have home filled with beautiful things from Black and Spiro - all of the gifts are just so devine. As I said on Saturday I am the luckiest man in the world. Everyone has shown Phoebe and I so much love and support and words cannot accurately express how grateful we are. Thanks again Anna, you are a very special person to us.

Paint Me White said...

Anna the flowers and decorations are so colorful & stunning. You did a beautiful job on the styling. The bride & groom look so relaxed and happy. Sandy x

Margie SW said...

Hi Anna,
Long time reader, first time commenting. I just loved that post, so moving I just had to comment. The wedding looked so happy and oozed warmth and family. Gorgeous. The couple looked so stunning and those tables are a knockout! You are so clever. Anyway, back to making school lunches...
Margie x

Kate said...

Totally utterly breathtaking, Anna! What a special celebration, so lovely that you could contribute in such a unique way xo

Susan Austin said...

Wonderful post. I love a family story like that where you all cherish each other.

And let me say those wedding banquet tables are AMAZING! You did an outstanding job with the flowers (your garden must be bare now) and I love all the bright, mixed-up napkins. Did someone make them or where did they source them? You can never have too many beautiful cloth napkins.

love
Susan

www.frostbitefood.blogspot.com

Camilla said...

Oh I recognise that Peter McKlinsky rabbit sculpture & THAT house that I love & want!! Lucky them for getting married in such a beautiful place!
(oh, the rest of it looked very fitting for such a gorgeous spot too!!)

pve design said...

I love that it looks like an ageless timeless fun party!
What a radiant bride and groom....love the last shot.
pve

Patricia said...

Anna, what a fantastically beautiful wedding, and such a sweet and lovely bride and groom. LOVE the flowers, the napkins, the tablecloths, the cushions - your unique and special touch created something wonderful.

Faux Fuchsia said...

Phoebe!!!!!!! You look gorgeous, I Love everything. We have to catch up soon. Anna you need a serious rest. Love it all x

fairy said...

Gorgeous event - what a lot of beautiful ideas for a simple yet effectively attractive wedding setup. Prosit to the bride & groom. Cheers to you for your hard work. Come to think of it... haven't been to a wedding in ages!

Shell Sherree said...

Those smiles say it all! I can't get over you growing all of those flowers ~ what a special gift. It's all gorgeous, Anna, and I'm so happy for Ben and Phoebe ~ it does the heart good to see such love.

TINA KENT said...

Anna! Small Brisbane- I went to Women's College w Phoebe, such a great chick! Her wedding looked outstanding! Love the colour.lovT

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks so much for your beautiful comments! It certainly was a very special wedding which will long be remembered and talked about within our family!

xx
Anna

Millie said...

Absolutely, without a doubt The Wedding Of The Year! The love & commitment Ben & Phoebe have for each other shines through in every gorgeous image. Your garden flowers are the icing on a truly beautiful cake Anna.
Millie xx

Beck said...

You amaze me always Anna Spiro. So wish I was bold enough to introduce myself when in your beautiful store! A divinely scrumptious wedding for a couple who seem completely in love with each other, with family, with life! I hope you follow FF's advice and take a well earned rest over Christmas! Cheers, Beck x

miss b said...

Just amazing - the colours, the attention to detail and I love the idea of the home-made chutney - so original. What a lovely, happy occasion!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

beautiful!!!
this reminds me of the wedding shower my aunt put together for me a few years ago (vintage tea pots, vintage flower table cloths, lots of pink depression glass!)...and makes me want someone close to me to get married soon so i can go at it myself. wonderful inspiration- thank you!!

Kate Lewis said...

Gorgeous! Adore the color, the flowers and that dress!!!!!!

Anna Spiro said...

Kate - the dress was amazing! She bought it in New York and gosh it just looked so beautiful on her!!

Hope you're well.
xx
Anna

Alice said...

Awesome shoot!!Love the flowers!All are amazing!!!