Monday 16 May 2011

What's Next

For me, creating a home with soul is the most important thing I hope to achieve for my clients and myself. 

No matter what colour or style preference you have, it's about selecting furniture, fabrics and pieces which strike a chord with you.  It's also about having your children's artwork on your walls and your grandmother's vase on your fireplace mantel.  It's about personal preference and the use of items which have personal meaning.

I have found that it's the most unusual pieces which stay within the walls of our family home.  For example the Antique Dining table we purchased just before we got married will never be replaced or sent to the shop to be sold.  Collecting Antique furniture does take time and money but I think it's worth waiting for the perfect piece and collecting pieces over time certainly helps when it comes to funding such items. 

Over the coming weeks we will be taking delivery of lots of wonderful new things at Black & Spiro including numerous Antique pieces which I have been collecting over the last few months from far afield.  There will be new fabrics and a wonderful new colour palette which I think will be fresh and exciting. 

I continue to put all my effort into sourcing and creating inimitable things for Black & Spiro and I am sure you will all be very inspired and excited by our new offerings...

I look forward to sharing photos in the coming weeks.

13 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh yes, i can't wait to put our own home together, properly. Living in Army houses for the past 14 years, it's just not us, or our soul. We have plenty of personal things to add to a new home we're building, a new lifestyle & a whole new style. Being a designer, people constantly say my house must be beautiful, alas, it's more 'serviced apartment' looking as we're always about to move again, which is always massive, for a family of 6. Next move will be our last for a very long time, into a real homestead on a farm, filled with love & history. Love Posie

Laura said...

Look forward to seeing everything Anna, you always inspire trends way before they make it to the high street!
Lauraxxx

Kylie Tyrrell said...

so true Anna, and so well articulated, I couldn't agree more - thanks for the inspiration and I look forward to seeing all the new things at Black and Spiro.
xx kylie t

I Dream Of said...

I couldn't agree more with your philosophy and love the inspiration that I get from your blog - it always makes me wish that Seattle was a little closer to Brisbane!

I think that searching for the perfect vintage finds can be fun in itself, and it's so rewarding when just the right thing comes along!

Jeanne

Gabrielle Lemoine said...

I can't wait to see what you do next! And I think that having a home with soul has a wonderfully positive effect on everything we do. It's something worth working for.

http://thevintagecampus.blogspot.com/

Pretty Inspirational said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I look forward to the seeing your pictures. -Melissa

Anonymous said...

Ciao Anna!
I love your blog and am now following you!

Stop by sometime!

CIAO BELLA

CREATIVE CARMELINA

jlonit said...

Looking forward to it. I miss these vignettes.

nancy {COZAMIA} said...

Its so true, the personal pieces, the sentimental ones are what make the home special, not just pretty.

Dianne said...

Anna you are such an inspiration. I cannot wait to see your great finds and the new color palette is especially exciting. Will pink still have a home? :)

Louise (Table Tonic) said...

Can't wait. I know I'm going to love/want it all - you have killer taste, Anna! So pleased the sale was a success (I hate to think what time I would have camped out from, had I lived in Brissie!).
Hope you're (all) well.
xLouise

SUNDAY COLLECTOR said...

I'm a big believer in waiting for the perfect piece too. It will find you...Love the fabric on that shade too!

Blue Shore House said...

Your post personally resonates with me as I am on my own design journey to fill my home with "personal meaning." It will be a LONG process but I am excited for the end result. I'd love for you to visit www.sequinedsunsets.blogspot.com as I chronicle my decor re-haul.

~Jenna