Saturday 5 February 2011

New York New York











It has been a fun week and a very busy week.  On Wednesday night we went to the Matchbook magazine launch here in Soho which was hosted by Rita Konig, John Derian and Lela Rose.  It was so great catching up with Katie, Jane, Fallon, Ashlina, Alaina and Michelle Adams

On Thursday night we caught up with Patricia van Essche at Balthazar also in Soho and tonight we had drinks with Heather from Habitually Chic here at The Crosby Hotel.  We also ran into Kathryn Ireland in the lobby this afternoon.  It was so lovely to see her again and I told her how much I loved the house she decorated which was featured in the latest World of Interiors magazine.  It is divine.  I actually spent the entire flight over here pouring over the article...truth be told!

Today we visited Elizabeth Bauer at her beautiful store and met her cute dog and chatted with her about decorating and she told us she is opening up a store in the Hamptons over the Summer with her mum which sounds very exciting.  Her store is so beautiful and full to the brim with things I loved.  All of the photos above were taken at her store today.  I have felt such a connection with her work ever since Lonny did a story on her a while ago.

In amongst all of that we have scoured and fossicked and found some amazing things for Black & Spiro.  I can't wait for everything to be delivered in the coming months.  It really has been such an inspiring and invigorating trip.  Now I can't wait to get home to see my boys who are apparently missing me immensely...not to mention how much I am missing them!!

xx
Anna

22 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Sounds like a wonderful time in NY! Love Balthazar, isnt' it fun! Hope the weather didn't dampen your spirits..sounds like it didn't....will have to check out Elizabeths' store, looks adorable.

Faux Fuchsia said...

Hello, I can't wait to see the clobber you've sourced! Exciting.

Meanwhile it is so so boiling hot here. Am hauling my heavily pregnant self round the house in a bikini. I am not kidding. Hope no one comes to the door...

Did you meet Rita Konig? I have all her books x

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

Sounds like such a fun trip!! The dog is super cute!

xo
Edyta
http://edytaandco.blogspot.com/

Exquisite Accessories said...

wow Anna havent you been busy!! So glad you are having fun, I bet all your customers cannot wait for your items to arrive at the shop for them to purchase!!

Knicky Knacks said...

Can't wait to see what you bring back to OZ. Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Enjoy. You are certainly not missing the weather back here!

Phoebe said...

Anna we miss you! Come home and stop having such a fabulous time please! Love Phoebs and Benno

cocolini said...

Miss Anna you have inspired me! What a creative hub at the Matchbook launch! Enjoy!

Kelly Green said...

Wow - what an amazing catch up! Sounds like you had had a ball, very jealous! Safe trip home! KG x

pve design said...

Anna,
Lovely to meet you and Kelly. I feel the connections made via our blogs, do bring us closer together as each of us design, create and inspire an artful life all the while raising our families.
Safe journey home to your boys and so delighted that you were able to see the snow in New York. You must come back in the Summer....with your "Mum."
pve

Karolina , Krystyna , Klara ♥ said...

Wonderful blog!I cordially greet the Polish;))
I hope that you visit me on my blog; *
Have a nice day; **

designchic said...

Sounds like a wonderful time in NYC...have a safe trip home and happy weekend!!

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Hi... market week can be so stressfull, but it sounds like you and Kelly had time for some r n r as well.... good for you! Nothing like traveling to get the creative juices flowing!!!
Safe travels back home!!

Northern Light

ashlina {the decorista} said...

It was SUCH a pleasure chatting with you at the event. you girls are so darling! xoxoox

Luli said...

What a lovely time in NY. I love your blog. Someday I will travel to Australia and shop in your store. Australia is on my "Must Travel List."

quintessence said...

Oh Anna - I wish I's known you were at the matchbook party - I would have loved to have met you - it's so hard when you don't know what anyone looks like! And I saw Patricia yesterday and she mentioned what a lovely time she had with you. Sounds like your trip has been a wonderful whirlwind!

Lilly from Lilly's Notebook said...

Her store is going to be in Nantucket!!!!

She's the best;)

LittleBlackHome said...

Her shop looks fun! Love the toile wallcovering- pink and orange is one of my favorite color combos. Her dog is so cute...I had a little Yorkie once named Alex (Alexander the Great). I hope to take a trip to NY soon. I'll make a point to stop by there.

Ness Lockyer said...

Cant wait to see what you have found Anna. By the way I have nominated ABT for the Lovelies awards...hope you dont mind =0)
Ness xx

http://loveliesaward.blogspot.com/search/label/Interior%20Design%20Blogs

Sarthak said...

Lovely wallpaper in her office, and the dog is just so adorable !

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Anna,

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! Now, what can I say about the "company"? You have really special friends! ;-)

I also two children and I would miss them so much if I had to go somewhere w/out them. So, I totally understand you "need" to go back home.

Have a safe trip!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Katy said...

love, love, love your blog! so stylish. please visit mine :)

ashley cooper said...

Lucky girl, I love NEW YORK CITY!!