Sunday 17 October 2010

Weekend Tidbits


My weekend has been filled with happiness. Spending time at home with my family is my favourite thing in the world. Yesterday I played with fabrics and tied them onto chairs with bows.



Last night we had some friends over for dinner. It was cold so we lit the fire. I arranged fresh Lillies and leaves from our garden on our coffee table and I lit lots of candles. Candles and flowers make me so happy.


Not only did I arrange flowers from our garden in our house, I cooked roast chicken and used fresh rosemary and tomatoes from our garden. I bundled up a little parcel of rosemary and tomatoes for my friends to take home with them. They absolutely loved it.




This morning I have been sitting in our lounge room with the paper and my bubba listening to my music. The boys are about to have a swim as it's so gorgeous and sunny...still too cold for me though.


Can you believe I just spotted this gladioli flower which has popped up smack bang in the middle of our baron block. We obviously have very fertile soil here.



I collected more November Lillies from my friend Phoebe Stephens yesterday. I am obsessed with them at the moment.




Spring really is starting to shine through today. The blue skies are stunning as is my Jacaranda tree which is just starting to flower...




I'm off to enjoy the rest of this glorious sunny Spring day.
xo
Anna

22 comments:

Karena said...

Anna, beautiful images. I love lilies of all kinds and a fire in the fireplace is so cozy!

I have a Luxurious New Giveaway on my site....Come and enter!!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jen Beaudet said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Doesn't it just prove the best things in life are free :)

Ness Lockyer said...

Looks like you have a lovely time with your fire Anna...very cozy and your flowers look wonderful.
Stay warm!
Ness xx

Georgy said...

Sounds like a prefect evening and I love the combination of lillies and candles. G

Faux Fuchsia said...

The perfect weekend. Cannot wait to see your house! Love the fact that your bulbs are popping up everywhere x

chateaudelille said...

Im loving this beautiful spring weather over here in WA. Ive been trying to decorate with the spring theme and its been such fun using different cloths and flowers. Always flowers!Enjoy your night. Fiona

jlonit said...

Is this a glimpse of the new house? More please.

Julie-Ann said...

You sound like you have had the most glorious weekend. How lovely to be able to light the fire at night but enjoy the blue skies the next day. Your candles looked beautiful:).

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Pink fabric tied into bows on chair legs? Brilliant, Anna!

pve design said...

I can smell the remains of your fire along with the heavenly heady scent of those lilies! Enjoy your almost Spring day...
pve

C. Anne said...

That big happy bow on the chair is fantastic! Its so exuberant yet simple. Those tomatoes are beautiful, I'd love to have some in the garden!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lovely evening! Beautiful candles and flowers.

Vintage Home said...

...always so much to see in your blog...just spent sometime catching up!...so much inpiration!

Unknown said...

I love the your fireplace and the painting over it- sooo gorgeous!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

How beautiful.
It seems you and your family have settled into your new home so nicely.
What a wonderful way to wile away the weekend....lovely.

Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

beachvintage.com said...

Looks like you are settling in nicely Anna, I love the 'feel' of the place. Hope to visit soon xx

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh your new home looks absolutely gorgeous! A-M xx

la la Lovely said...

Sound's like the most perfect weekend. You're fireplace is gorgeous. I think a few flowers and candles might do me a lot of good!
xo

Treadgold said...

You're house looks gorgeous and I agree nothing better than a weekend at home. I content myself with balcony gardening at the moment!

Carolyn said...

Love the little snippets of your new home - can't wait to see more.

Congrats on your design work being so worldy recognised - what a fantastic achievement.

Carolyn

Ashley said...

Beautiful fireplace!