Sunday 3 October 2010

A Flowery Weekend


My weekend was filled with flowers. Everywhere I looked there were pretty flowers. I picked up some beautiful natives from my friend Phoebe Stephens on Saturday which I arranged in a glass vase on our entry chest of drawers and yes that is a glass of wine you can see in the corner of the picture below. After such a huge week last week I decided a few lovely glasses of wine were in order this weekend.


Whilst driving to Phoebe Stephens I drove past D.I.G. garden shop on James street and spotted a fabulous galvanised tub filled with geraniums. I couldn't resist it. I pulled over and snatched it up. It looks so pretty on the old white table on our front verandah.



One of the most exciting parts of my weekend was spotting these gorgeous little orchids growing in a crevise in our big old Jacaranda tree in our front garden. These along with the delicious cherry tomatoes we are growing make me so excited about having a garden!




17 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Fresh flowers and a few glasses of wine? Lovely!

Unknown said...

Your chest of drawers is stunning.

Anonymous said...

I love flowers!
I go to school floristic and I am learning how to do a beautiful bouquet. Thank you for the inspiration :)
If u want I invite you to my blog about flowers:
http://lepetitfleur-ajlowiuuu.blogspot.com/

La Petite Gallery said...

You know I work for a florist for years. I am mad for tropical
exotics. Aren't you lucky to have those gorgeous flowers, what a treat. yvonne

Ivy Lane said...

ahhh...such a lovely post anna...thanks for sharing!

FABRICOTTI notperfectbutnice said...

That's funny I just posted about my Autumn flowers which are nearly the same colour as your spring flowers!! I love the fact that you've got orchids growing in a tree in your back yard! How exotic.

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

Stunning arrangement you made! Flower arranging is an art which I do not quite have a handle on. But I always keep fresh flowers at home. They make me happy.

Have a great weekend.

* First time on your blog. Love it!

http://www.chiccheapnursery.com

First House on the Right said...

The tub and candles look beautiful!

Unknown said...

I realy like your blog.
Camilla

Georgy said...

I like your style. One of the things I love to do is decorate my house with flowers or foliage. That chest in your entry is gorgeous.

Faux Fuchsia said...

Love your orchids! It is exciting discovering treasures in a new garden.

My neighbour's jacaranda sheds all over my driveway which I hate and loathe.

Love the tub and love the geraniums. People seem to diss these but I love them. Plus you can't kill them with a blow torch!

Laura said...

What amazing flowers. The colours are so vibrant and look so dramatic on that old chest... beautiful... and who can pass a geranium? A flower that just keeps on giving! Love your blog! Lx

Carolyn said...

Love seeing these snippets of your home and Black & Spiro - always so inspiring.

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Hi Anna,
I just absolutely LOVE your flowere posts!! Finding a new and budding orchid is by far the most exciting thing, I totally understand your joy!
Thank you for the images!

Northern Light

Karena said...

That orchid, what a special find Anna!

Karena
Art by Karena

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Dear Anna,

I've been very naughty and tried to lure away your delicious tutu desk to Texas. Of course she said no and wouldn't let herself fall under the influence.
Clearly she's a very good girl and is very happy with you ; )
Thanks for the gorgeous, tulle-y, swoon-worthy inspiration.
Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Prem Saisha said...

Hi! I love your blog..
Hope you stop by too! ;)
http://burcikos.blogspot.com/