Friday 9 April 2010

Two Completely Different Looks





I must say I love the latest edition of Inside Out magazine - their 10th Birthday issue. My two favourite stories within the issue are both very different. I love the images shown of Nicole Bonython-Hines home {above}...especially the gorgeous artwork cluster wall which is made up of pieces by her children in her kitchen. I also love the image of her standing in front of some magazine tear sheets - so colourful and uplifting!














The other story I loved was the feature on the home on Dangar Island on the Hawkesbury River just outside of Sydney which Greg Mellor and his partner Nick Krull have renovated. I adore the look of this laid-back, comfortable, cozy home. It looks so beautiful set in amongst the trees. It actually reminds me of the way our new home is surrounded by beautiful trees and gardens. I was very inspired by this story....I know, it's a complete departure from my usual love of colour! PS. Check out Greg Mellor's work on his website - www.gregorymellor.com

All images - Inside Out Magazine May/June 2010 issue

9 comments:

Cornflake said...

What a gorgeous home on the Hawkesbury, I shall have to investigate this area more...

I'm a fan of the bright and beautiful too but sometimes natural tones are so relaxing and cosy!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

I'm the same way - I love colour but also appreciate a more muted palette. I just saw the spread of your home in Canadian House and Home - congrats! Great to see parts we haven't seen before and love your use of the colour pink. We all will be interested to see what you do with your new house over time.

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Very different indeed and yet both breathtakingly lovely! Wish I could get my hands on a copy of the magazine! xoxo katie

Elsa May said...

Oooh it looks fab! I can't wait for my issue to arrive in the post!

Mélanie said...

Very diferent but both gorgeous !

katiedid said...

Love both looks....how to decide?!?! Two houses would totally solve the problem. I will work on that! And I love the Aussie Dogs. :)

JOE. D said...

I too got the mag and loved the house. I could imagine relaxing on their deck admiring the view. Too nice. The leaves scattered around make it even more cosy ..

Amanda said...

I too am totally in love with the colourful home. So inspiring!

Congratulations also on your new home feature Anna (we never tire of seeing your lovely home!) and also for your new baby. Wonderful terrific news for you and your boys.

xx Amanda

Bonito said...

very diferent, colors for everyday and for the weekend, the relaxing pallette.
Nice blog!