Monday 1 December 2008

Felicity Interviews Yvette Inufio





Hi All, here's another fantastic post from Felicity {All Things Bright & Beautiful}....xx Anna

Those who know me know that I have a weakness for beautiful photography and flowers. Yvette Inufio is one incredibly talented lady who combines both. She photographs a variety of subjects which often have a certain vintage ethereal quality to them, but her flowers are my favorites. She often pairs them with inspiring quotes such as ..........

"Love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it."~ Maya Angelouand........

"Stuff your eyes with wonder... Live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."~Ray Bradbury

I am delighted to be have a short interview with her for you to enjoy.................

Yvette, where are you from?
I was born in La Habana, Cuba, 33 years ago. I've been living in Miami, FL since 2002.

How long have you been photographing for?
Since I owned my first camera, about 10 years ago.

What is your favorite photography subject and why?
I enjoy discovering simple things and love how they look in my photos, it's like magic.

Who are your favorite photographers?
I don't have any in particular. It's that bad? But I learn every day from all the pictures that I see constantly. It's a great inspiration.

What are your plans for the future?
I dream of having one day having an exhibition of my pictures. Until that day arrives I will continue to shoot all the tiny details of my world.

Thank you so much Yvette for taking the time to chat with us. You can also find Yvette's work for sale here on Etsy. Have a look, she has some lovely prints.

All images from Yvettes flickr stream. Thank you Bliss for the introduction:-).

13 comments:

Bel said...

Hi Anna
Would you know where on Etsy Yvette's stunning photos are available to purchase...I've done a search and I can't find them! :o(
Any pointers would be massively appreciated - they are so so beautiful. Thank you!!!

*Silvia Alencar* said...

I love, love taking pictures and fotofrafias ...
The work it is wonderful ...
Very nice ... even

Bay, bay..

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

wow, these photos are so beautiful!

Salon de Sucre said...

her photographs are very nostalgic! they remind me of photos taken by Paloroids! with all the washed out colors ! Love it!

Sweet Soft Southern Thrill said...

thanks for the link! these are stunning

Lauren said...

So beautiful. wow

muralimanohar said...

Ah..FELICITY. Of course!! What a beautiful, beautiful post.

Anna Spiro said...

Gosh I LOVE Yvette's photos Felicity - they are just so pretty and serene and divine!!
xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Belinda, I will ask Felicity and then get her to comment back here for you.

Thanks!

Anna

Daniela Valdez said...

Hi Anna, do you know why I can't visit Felicity's blog anymore? It says it has been erased..

Have a great weekend, I love your blog!

blah said...

Dear Belinda - the link to her etsy shop is at the sentence at the end of the post

i.e "You can also find Yvette's work for sale here on Etsy. Have a look, she has some lovely prints."

Yes Dana - I took the blog down. I miss it tho' thanks for asking after me:-)

Thanks everyone too for stopping by to comment :-) Its lovely to hear from you:-)

Smiles FXOX

Yvette said...

Felicity and Anna, thank you so much...
I'm so happy you like my work!!!
Thanks Everyone.

Jen Beaudet said...

These are so beautiful! I just found your blog, Anna and feel I'm going to be spending a lot of time on here. As a new photographer myself Yvette is truly an inspiration.