Sunday 9 January 2011

Homeward Bound



























Today we are leaving the beach and heading home.  Despite the rain we've done so many wonderful things together as a family.  We've played scrabble and chess, we've been to a seaside carnival, we've cooked, we've read, we've talked, we've slept, we've walked, we've fished and made sandcastles but most of all we've shared happy times together.  I am looking forward to heading home and preparing myself for the exciting year ahead.

PS.  It would be remiss of me not to mention our Queensland neighbours who are experiencing the most horrendous floods and turmoil.  We can help them by giving a donation to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal online HERE

12 comments:

Felicity said...

It looks and sounds like you've enjoyed the type of Chrismas holiday that will be treasured as warm memories for a long time to come.

I especially liked the photos of the gorgeous beach umbrellas that you've shared, a stylish necessity at this time of the year - although you're right in pointing out that other kinds of umbrellas are probably more suitable at the moment!

Safe travels home,

Felicity x

Melissah said...

I loved your blog I found it very inspiring. This is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
You may like to check it out.
Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment.
Cheers
Melissah

The enchanted home said...

Sounds like a wonderful respite from everyday life that you have had! I am a huge scrabble fan and family get togethers are synonomous with mean rounds of scrabble and monopoly and now Jeopardy since we can play it online! Nothing like those quality times with our loved ones. The pictures reflected the visit very effectively. Safe travels home....

-Sam I Am- said...

What gorgeous photos! I think the one of the all the books is my fav but just because I LOVE books :)

Hope you have safe travels!!!

Karena said...

Anna, it sounds like your family had a wonderful time! The images are beautiful.

I am so sorry that Queensland has been hit so hard.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

La Dolfina said...

Your pictures say it all!!
Wonderful images...
Happy New Year

La Petite Gallery said...

Sounds like you have really enjoyed the beach. Those are memories you will never forget.

yvonne

Callie Grayson said...

those umbrellas! completely adore them!!
xx
callie

Callie Grayson said...

those umbrellas! completely adore them!!
xx
callie

beachvintage.com said...

Have a safe trip home Anna. Welcome to 2011. Happy New Year to you.

Casey said...

just found your blog and glad I did.....beautiful photos. I can't wait to come back and read more.

Victoria, Bellingham, WA USA

Catherine Frinier said...

Beautiful imagery. Cheers to you in the New Year ahead.