Monday 10 August 2009

That Bed Head


You might remember this DIVINE guest bedroom belonging to U.S. designer Krista Ewart which was featured in Domino magazine last year. I remember absolutely obsessing over this room and that bed head. Well, you wouldn't believe it when I tell you that on the weekend some of LA's top designers had a tag sale in which they sold off some amazing things. Fellow blogger and friend Megan Samuels from Beach Bungalow 8 was there. I loved seeing the photos she shared of the sale. But when I saw the Krista Ewart bed head in the photos I nearly fainted! I emailed Megan straight away and said that if I was there I would have strapped myself to that bedhead and not let it go. Megan emailed me back and said she purchased it. I can't believe how lucky she was!! She is going to put it in her daughter's bedroom and apparently Krista threw in the ticking stripe bed skirt as well. Gosh, I can't wait to see what Megan does with it.



There it is....and look at all of the other amazing things!! I would have been almost hyperventilating!


Megan with Krista Ewart and look at the bed head peeping through in the back of the photo.


Congrats on your fantastic buy Megan!! I wonder what Krista Ewart will do in her guest room now?!

Top image - Domino Magazine via Style Court, image 2 & 3 - Megan Samuels.

20 comments:

Breadwinner Wife said...

I love that headboard! Very lucky purchase!

Callie Grayson said...

I love the orange and green tree on the wall!!!
lucky girl! great headboard, love the white detailing.
xx
callie

erin said...

love love love that tree on the wall!

Madeline Veenstra said...

I love the cherry blossom tree on the wall in the first picture!! It is beautiful. It provides a really pretty contrast to the gorgeous bedhead.

Unknown said...

The head board is great indeed, the atmosphere very cozy, but what I love is that wonderful tree on the wall. That really inspires me!
Thanks!

Unknown said...

The headboard is amazing indeed, the atmosphere of the room very cozy, but what I really love and interests me is that wonderful tree on the wall. I'm really happy to be able to see it!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

I'm sooo bummed I missed that sell! I keep dreaming about all those gorgeous finds!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How funny! It is gorgeous, too.

A designer here on Long Island {Eileen Kathryn Boyd} had a similar type sale. I didn't go because I'm prepping to downsize my home, but I would have liked to see what was for sale.

Unknown said...

Anna, sorry for the 2 posts!
Only one was enough, I made a mistake! I apologize!

The flowers are so beautiful!
I'm sure everyone is inspired by them! Flowers change our life, they make it happier!

Taylor said...

I AM hyperventilating! Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

Lovely Little Nest said...

That headboard is gorgeous! Your friend is SO lucky!

Gaboushka said...

That's so funny! There'a a great designer... ooh, what's her name, she used to work for House Beautiful and she did a book about glue-gunning trimmings... Marian Mcevoy! That's it - and her house is here:
http://thepeakofchic.blogspot.com/2007/10/marian-mcevoy-redux.html

It reminds me somehow...

Allison @ The Innovation Companies said...

How funny. I was at the Designer Tag Sale this and witnessed their transaction of that headboard but I had no idea it had been in Domino. How fun!

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

oooh now that looks like a super sale. Look at the piles of goodies :o)

emily. said...

i am madly in love with that headboard. so stunning!

Porchlight Interiors said...

It truly is a gorgeous bed head -Lucky girl indeed!
There are so many more treasures on hand in the States.

Lady San Pedro said...

Lucky duck! It's perfect!

Unknown said...

I am looking at those white chairs! I would have thrown myself on top of them lol

Cathy Chapman said...

OMG! To have tag sales like that in my part of the country, heaven!
Isn't that just like a friend to already have the garage sale find/outfit/fabric pattern, etc.!
Hooray for tag sales, thats how I'v been able to furnish our entire house!
Best of luck to all,
Cathy

none said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the tree on the wall! Incredible job!